Everything we do at DICK’S Sporting Goods centers around our customers, or as we call them, our athletes. We’re looking for a Software Engineer II to join the Merchandising portfolio. In this role, you will be partnering with Product Managers and UX Designers on the team to bring a technology vision and strategy to life for our Merchandise Execution capabilities. You will work closely as a balanced team to deliver stellar customer experiences. Working in concert with stakeholders across the various business domains, you will be accountable for delivering highly complex, reliable, and scalable solutions. Join the team focused on making our Teammates more efficient, enabling them to develop and buy a best-in-class omni-channel assortment, and equipping our Athletes to be the best they can be in all aspects of sport.
Our Software Engineering teams are key disruptors. We empower our engineers to tear down the silos and work collaboratively with their product team to deliver solutions. We work in nimble product teams composed of engineers, designers, and product managers that aren’t bogged down by project plans and politics, but are empowered to continuously create, test and execute. One of the best parts is after the work is done, you get to see the results of your work in our stores, online and throughout our business. You get to make a difference.
This is a full time remote opportunity. We are looking to hire immediately. Immigration sponsorship, including permanent residency/green card sponsorship is available upon hire date.
First, let’s talk Tech.
Here is a list of our platforms. Don’t worry, you don’t have to be a master at them all. At this senior level we’ll expect you to have experience in a couple of them.
- C#/.NET core, Angular, SQL, Event-Driven Architecture
Additionally, some exposure to any of the following is a plus.
- AG Grid, Java Spring Boot, React, Kafka, RabbitMQ, T-SQL, PL/SQL, Cloud Native Development, Azure, and Elastic
As an Software Engineer II at DICK’s you will:
- Bring at least 3-5 years of experience to the table
- Work collaboratively with designers, product managers, and engineers
- Leverage cutting-edge technologies and modern practices
- Build and ship high-quality code at a rapid pace
- Work with open source tools to build new technologies
- Have opportunities for career development as we continue to invest in our talent.
- Be a part of a collaborative, innovative culture tackling the challenges of scaling our business and serving up new experiences for our athletes.
- Work with great people in an engaging, remote environment while still having access to the many amenities the Pittsburgh campus has to offer, including a world-class health club, hoteling space, collaboration rooms, and enabled technology for hybrid meetings.
We believe that there is always a better way.
So, we will expect you to:
- Continuously learn modern software design and development core practices, utilizing articles, MeetUps, conferences, tech talks, etc.
- Review and discuss code with engineering peers and leaders to understand best practices and optimal design patterns
- Increase your business acumen by consistently learning about other parts of the business
- Have a willingness to continuously learn, experiment, and innovate. Innovation is a critical part of our culture and an expectation for all teammates. If you like brainstorming with your peers on how to disrupt your product domain – or retail as a whole – you’ve come to the right place!
Lastly, here’s some stuff that won’t be part of your day-to-day.
At DICK’s you won’t:
- Work in a silo
- Be limited by project plans
- Find yourself stuck in a boring cube
- Pay to park or be stuck in a corporate high-rise
- Be pigeonholed into proprietary and stagnant codebases
If you’re excited about joining the DSG team, we’d love to meet you.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.