What you'll do…
If you're thinking 'scale', think bigger and don't stop there. At Walmart Global Tech, we don't just innovate, we enable transformations across stores and different channels for the Walmart experience. Take a regular day at Walmart and match that with 260 million customers a week, 11,695 stores, under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. That's Walmart, Global Tech for you.
Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. We innovate to deliver a simple and seamless experience for our customers. Our tech talent solves the biggest and most complex problems. They drive digital transformation where data and analytics are enabling us to better serve our customers and create a digital relationship with them. As our customers evolve and adapt, we are taking it a few notches further here. We're changing what customers can expect from the experience of shopping, from the physical stores, to mobile, social and even online; we're not just ready for the future of shopping, we're creating it.
You'll sweep us off our feet if…
- You have a deep interest and passion for technology.
- You love distributed systems, infrastructure as code, containerized deployments, and enjoy working with people who will keep challenging you at every stage.
- You have strong problem solving, analytic, decision-making with interpersonal skills.
- You are self-driven and motivated with entrepreneurial passion and desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven agile environment with varied responsibilities.
- You are innovative, talented, and committed individual with excellent communication, sprit of teamwork and Analytical abilities to drive excellence!
- 5 to 7 years of professional experience as hands-on Front-End Engineering
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code, CICD and deployment best practices
- Experience with Docker & Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Spark/Hadoop
- Full stack troubleshooting and root cause analysis expertise
- Superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude.
- Understanding of microservice architectures, kappa & lambda architectures
- Metrics and monitoring infrastructure experience (Prometheus)
- Understanding & familiarity of SQL & NoSQL databases
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret and follow technical plans
You'll make an impact by:
- Assists in providing guidance to small groups of two to three engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by proving pertinent documents, directions, examples, and timeline.
- Provides support to the business by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies); researching and identifying needed solutions; determining implementation designs; providing guidance regarding implications of new and enhanced systems; identifying short and long-term solutions; and directing users to appropriate contacts for issues outside of associate's domain.
- Manages small to large-sized complex projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; researching and identifying alternative solutions; determining needed solution based on return on investment and value add to the business; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams; identifying areas of opportunity; interpreting information and identifying a solution; ensuring solution is sustainable across implementation and use; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; and ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); performing root cause analysis to reduce future issues; engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; developing solutions; driving the development of an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; and completing online documentation.
- Participates in the discovery phase of small to medium-sized projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, project management, business, and user experience teams.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open-Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
The team focuses on providing solutions that enable the simplification and acceleration of IoT development across the enterprise.
We have built an IoT ecosystem that processes data from more than 11 million sensors in real time and can scale up to accommodate more sensors in future. The use cases we support include Real Estate – Energy and Facilities maintenance, Smart Racks, Smart Carts, Supply chain etc in future.
As a part of the IoT team, you will play the role of a technical lead, leading the work on data extraction and ingestion into our cloud platform from a wide variety of OEM and consumer devices at scale.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .
The annual salary range for this position is $120,000.00-$170,000.00
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
– Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
– Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 4 years' experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science
640 W California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.