Angie’s List and our sister company, HomeAdvisor, are among the largest Homeservices marketplace in the nation. Part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), we connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. ANGI Homeservices operates 10 brands in eight countries, and is headquartered in Golden, Colo. The Sr. Software Engineer will sit in our Indianapolis office.
The Software Engineer III is responsible for building software products used by customers of the Angie’s List home services platform. They work with team members to execute product initiatives in a way that meets Angie’s List technology standards for performance, reliability, quality, security, and testability.
– Collaborate with professionals across the organization to gain a shared understanding of the initiative
– Analyze requirements of the initiative and propose solutions that meet the requirements while balancing time and cost
– Create, modify or review code to implement the requirements of the initiative
– Ensure that the code meets performance, reliability, quality, security, and testability standards
– Create or modify a suite of tests to exercise the initiative’s functionality in an automated manner
– Modify existing software to correct errors or enhance it to meet new requirements
– Consult with other team members to provide time estimates and project status
– Follow team practices for project management and technology practices such as code review, change control, and deployment
– Provides technical guidance, code review, and takes responsibility for end-to-end production
– Additional responsibilities as assigned
– Possession of an undergraduate degree in computer information technology, computer engineering, or related degree
– 4+ years’ experience in software engineering or developing
– Experience working on technical teams building software applications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
– Experience in developing enterprise-level features in Java or Scala with an emphasis on functional programming
– Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
– Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff
– Smart, curious, motivated, and honest
– Understanding of React.js and Redux and their core principles
– Familiarity with RESTful APIs
– Experience with ElasticSearch and Kafka
– Experienced with application monitoring strategies and Tools (New Relic, etc)
– Knowledge of one or more Agile software development life cycle methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
If you’re interested in a career with us, we’d love to talk. If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our next chat: ************************************
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: SOFTW02268
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
HomeAdvisor is the free and easy way for homeowners to find and connect with trusted home improvement, maintenance and repair professionals. As the nation’s largest online home improvement marketplace, we’ve connected more than 30 million homeowners to our network of over 90,000 pre-screened home service professionals since we started in 1999. And, because planning is integral to the completion of any great home project, we also offer design inspiration, budgeting tools and advice. HomeAdvisor is proud to be one of Denver’s Top Places to Work and an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI). Contact Info
– Indianapolis, IN
View Company Profile
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.