We dream big at Sierra Nevada Corporation—advocating the exploration of space, keeping service members safe and creating the systems that keep our world united and sustain our way of living. Join our team! As a Software Engineer, you will design and code software using industry standard tools, testing frameworks, CI infrastructure, automated deployments, and design scalable maintenance practices.
The Mission Solutions and Technologies (MST) business area provides affordable, turn-key command/control, communications, integrated ISR, force protection and security solutions worldwide. The MST team has a long legacy of supporting the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, commercial and international customers with years of experience in platform operations, engineering and full lifecycle management across domains – air, land, sea, space and cyber. Learn more about MST
This role is open to a hybrid schedule
- Implement and execute on technical initiatives and solutions
- Adjust or recommend enhancements in systems and new software as well as modify existing code to add features and functionality
- Debug existing software
- Develop code necessary to complete tasks in the specified time according to standards and guidelines
- Employ design, development, and testing best practices
- Profile, analyze, and optimize implemented software
- Address somewhat complex technical issues/problems C
- ollaborate with hardware or software designers/engineers and analysts to develop, analyze, and evaluate hardware, software, and systems
- Evaluate emerging technologies to determine advantages and disadvantages of potential solutions in virtual, web-based, and desktop applications
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related discipline and typically 6 or more years of relevant experience
- Understanding of Computer Aided Engineering tools
- Practical knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Solid understanding of complex software design concepts, patterns, tools and best practices
- Experience with distributed/asynchronous programming models
- Proven delivery of production-grade applications including security, diagnostics, maintainability, scalability, auditing, and complex multi-layer troubleshooting
- C++, Java, C, CUDA or Embedded/RTOS SW Development Experience
- Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility
- Background in Signal Processing, High Performance computing, User Interface or container based applications is highly desired
- Background in web technologies is highly desired
- Experience with database programming and cloud technologies
- Experience with Python and scripting
- Working knowledge of signal processing fundamental -Working knowledge of MATLAB is helpful
- Willingness to learn and apply the best technology for a given application
- Experience with AWS (including any AWS Certifications)
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Estimated Starting Salary Range: $104,827.91 – $144,138.38. SNC considers several factors when extending job offers, including but not limited to candidates’ key skills, relevant work experience, and education/training/certifications.
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 6%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
This position requires current/active Top Secret with SCI eligibility U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use. Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. SNC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination. Employment decisions are made without regarding to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Contributions to SNC come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.