Software Engineer in Test
– Washington, DC, USA
Leading Products – Innovative Ideas – Exceptional People ….MicroStrategy, A Dynamic Place to Work!
At MicroStrategy, we are passionate about creating powerful, disruptive technologies that transform how companies do business. Innovative products and ultimately our success are rooted in one driving force-our people. Our casual and flexible environment encourages creativity and collaboration, so you’ll have the opportunity to initiate and contribute to challenging projects, while pursuing your interests and developing, both professionally and personally. Bring us your passion, curiosity, and fresh ideas, and be a part of technology innovation at its best!
MicroStrategy has opportunities for Software Engineers in Test/Quality Engineers for our Headquarters office in Tysons, VA.
Are you passionate about delivering quality software? Can you represent our customers in a compelling way at every meeting? Do you care deeply about continuously improving a Test and Release culture? MicroStrategy is searching for team members who are passionate about delivering consistently high-quality products. Solid technical skills are vital, but we place a higher value on customer advocacy, business assurance, cross-team engagement, creativity, precision, transparency, objectivity, continuous improvement, diplomacy, and a healthy skepticism.
Our teams work to deliver superior solutions to challenging customer problems through applying critical thinking, in combination with their expert knowledge of the MicroStrategy platform, to influence the direction of MicroStrategy’s Secure Enterprise Platform.
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will:
– Engage with Software Engineers and Product Owners daily to advocate for our customers in prioritizing fixes and enhancements in delivering world class products
– Understand technology solutions and their business drivers
– Design, test and deliver high quality software that you and your team are proud of
– Validate and verify large scale test results to ensure MicroStrategy products continue to lead the industry in scalability, responsiveness, and reliability
– Plan and respond to software requirements into test plans, reports and analyse the results
– Build consensus, prioritize,m and execute quality engineering activities based on facts, information, and weight of evidence
– Recommend solutions where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors
– Keep records of issue logs and resolutions internal to the quality engineers and from technical support
– Document technical notes, methods, and best practices for use in assuring quality across MicroStrategy’s products
– Constantly challenge how we validate our code to improve outcomes
– Utilize test tools and create automated tests to debug, trouble-shoot, monitor, set performance benchmarks, and analyze results
– Occassionally enjoy face-to-face time with clients through periodic customer sites visits
In order to be successful in this role, we expect that qualified candidates will bring the following experience, skills, and attributes to the job:
– Passion for quality and
– Fearless advocate on behalf of customers even when others disagree with you
– Obsessive about exposing and fixing defects
– Possess the ability to be process-driven with a focus and intense attention to detail
– Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills, both via email, phone, and in person
– Familiarity with core Business Intelligence/ Data warehousing technology: Web, Mobile (Android and iOS), Client/ Server, OLAP, SAP, etc.
– Familiarity with RDBMS highly desirable
– Experience with Rally or other Agile Management tools desirable
– Familiarity with one or more of the following programming languages: Java, C#, Groovy, Perl, PHP, SQL, no-SQL or Python
– Experience in building automation frameworks and test scripts using Selenium, Jenkins, Soap UI or other tools
– Strong technical and non-technical problem-solving skills
– Motivated, self-driven, and results-oriented
– Team-oriented individual, positive attitude, energetic, result & delivery oriented, keen interest on quality
– Technical education (BS, MS) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related program of study preferred but not required
– 2-4 years of experience with manual (experiential) end-to-end testing or a related field with a proven track record of consistently exceeding corporate objectives and improving the overall quality of the product
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at **************.
Videos To Watch
MicroStrategy is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.