Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Does an exciting, multifaceted, fast paced and pressure-filled environment catch your attention? Do you like puzzles and determining solutions that are not obvious? Terrific!
Consider joining us! Join Apple’s Customer Systems team within the Information Systems and Technology organization as a Sr. Software Engineer. This team builds innovative custom applications that serve Apple customers. These applications have helped Apple remain #1 in customer support years. The candidate must possess a strong technology background, excellent leadership skills, be a pro-active, solution-oriented individual with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with applications design, integration and deployment in an integrated global environment with focus on solutions for high volume oriented web apps
- Strong experience in designing and developing multi-tier web applications using RESTful web-services, Java/J2EE technologies,
- Strong experience in Service Oriented Architecture, Spring Framework
- Solid understanding of Application and Web Servers, e.g. Jetty, Netty
- Experience with build and deployment tools, e.g., Git, Maven, etc
- Proficient in NoSQL database systems such as MongoDB and Cassandra
- Knowledge in data modeling and data management using Relational database systems i.e Oracle
- Experience with Spark, Kafka, Hadoop is a huge plus
- Must be able to brainstorm and communicate technology ideas and issues with peers and IT management
- Proven track record to innovate
- Proven hands on development experience in recent years
Translate user stories into functionality Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code Ensure the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of the applications Identify bugs in the code proactively and devise solutions to the problems Iterate on standard methodologies to increase the code quality Support and work alongside cross-functional engineering team on the latest technologies Partner with business to ensure their expectations are met and managed Keep up-to date on the latest technology solutions in market to generate innovative ideas to tackle business challenges
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 10+ years of proven experience
To apply for this job please visit jobs.apple.com.