Location: Wakefield, MA
# of Openings: 2
Kelmar Associates is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to assist in the development and maintenance of complex, multi-tier applications. The Software Engineer will help with the design, development & maintenance of Kelmar’s flagship product as well as maintenance of two other applications. The Software Engineer will be expected to work across the whole application stack. This position will be based in either our Wakefield or Rockland, MA offices and may require occasional evening and weekend work.
- Help design and implement a cloud-hosted system
- Use latest technology to assist in maintaining a CI environment
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Work with release management to ensure nightly build and test integration of all developed components
- Provide application support and troubleshooting for system developers and client sites
- Responsible for related and adequate unit tests to ensure consistency of builds throughout the projects for developed components
- Responsible for the implementation of large, complex workflows, analytics and reporting systems for major projects, and new platform capabilities
- Assess project risks, identify problems and solutions
- At least three (3) years of software development experience in a Java environment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology, although those with extensive proven experience may qualify without a related degree
- Experience deploying large web-based applications used to primarily handle large datasets
- Experience developing and integrating RESTful Web Services
- Experience using common Java frameworks and components
- Experience with MySQL and large databases (Microsoft SQL Server preferred)
- Familiarity with GIT software versioning
- Experience using third-party grid controls such as Kendo UI
- Knowledge of test tools
- Working knowledge of system-level monitoring tools
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodology
- JSP experience is a plus
- Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) is a plus
- Must be meticulously organized and must pay close attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work remotely
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S without sponsorship now and in the future
About Kelmar Associates:
Kelmar is a leading provider of cloud based unclaimed property solutions. Our solution is a modern web application providing a full range of processing, workflow and management for state unclaimed property departments. You will be working with our teams located across the country as you contribute to the creation and implementation of a cloud-hosted system for multiple clients. We’re growing fast, and looking for enthusiastic team members!
The rewards for this position are many. We offer a great working environment that provides for work/life balance and an excellent compensation and benefits package, including tuition reimbursement. Kelmar provides training and the opportunity for career advancement. Apply now to join our growing team.
Kelmar Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
** Click APPLY to show link to read full job details **
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.