The Software Engineer (SWE) develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. The SWE must be able to work individually and as part of a team. Additionally, the SWE will: review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results; resolve software problems; utilize software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment; provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software tradeoffs, software reuse, modifying existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance; conduct requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university
- 8+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- 11 years of experience as a Software Engineer without a degree
- 8 years’ experience designing and coding new software or modifying existing software to add new features
- Up to 5 years’ experience serving as software team lead at the project level
- TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance.
Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.