Software Engineer – London
Rapidly growing proprietary trading firm with offices in Chicago, London and New York City seeks experienced Software Engineers to join our growing London team as we build and expand our European business. The position involves working closely with other developers, traders and quants, with a focus on enhancing our low-latency trading infrastructure to support the goals of the London office. Responsibilities will include performance optimization; exchange connectivity; market data infrastructure; back-testing tools; calculation engines; risk management & compliance monitoring.
Our development philosophy emphasizes teamwork, and focuses on continuous integration and test-driven development. Candidates will be expected to have advanced knowledge of C++ (preferably C++11); a good understanding of core computer science concepts; and have experience of optimization techniques. This position is located in London.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year university in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- Strong GPA (3.5 or higher)
- Core proficiency in C++11, preferably on a Linux platform
- C# knowledge is a plus
- Solid knowledge of object-oriented programming and design
- Experience with multithreading, real-time systems and socket programming
- Ultra-low latency programming experience
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python or Ruby
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Experience in finance or trading is a definite plus
- A self-motivated personality with a passion for working in a trading organization
Please note: only individuals whose qualifications match our current needs will be contacted for additional screening and/or interviews.
Thank you for your interest in XR Trading.
London, London, City of, United Kingdom
** Click APPLY to show link to read full job details **
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.