What you'll do at
What you'll do…
Software Engineer – Mobile (UX/iPhone/Android)
Are you passionate about building UX focused android and iOS applications using OOP design principles? Now imagine that your apps help millions of our customers and members. That’s the opportunity on our Software Engineering team!
As a Mobile Software Engineer, you'll lead through technical discovery, design and implementation of large-scale applications, products and platforms. You will report to the Manager of Software Engineering.
Min Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years’ experience in software engineering or related field.
How you'll make an impact:
- Working closely with our product, design, and UX teams to create amazing and intuitive experiences that make it effortless to connect different apps together.
- Translating requirements into mobile solutions for multiple operating systems (iPhone, Android).
- Identifying areas of opportunity, determining solution designs and provide guidance to system and process enhancements.
- Developing technologically advanced solutions that make a large-scale impact and improve the end-user experience.
- Demonstrating up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance
- Translating requirements into technical solutions.
- Operating with a startup mentality, bringing new ideas to the table and inspiring those around you to do the same.
What you'll bring:
- You’re experienced working with large code bases and effectively driving large projects.
- You use your knowledge of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, and patterns) to create an outstanding user experience.
- You’ve orchestrated user-interactions integrating with backend services via REST and GraphQL APIs.
- You love to build products with a focus on unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- You use good app architecture design patterns such as MVVM, MVP or Clean.
- You have a deep understanding of various aspects of Mobile App Development and align your work with meeting enterprise-goals.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Hiring across: Emerging Tech; Marketing & Advertising; Technical Product Management; Health and Wellness Technology; New Ventures; Data Ventures / Luminate.
About Global Tech
From entry-level to executive positions, Walmart provides limitless opportunities for growth, and career development.
Walmart started small, with a single discount store and the simple philosophy of selling more for less. Today, we are a growing technology-enabled company founded on the same values as our first store. We establish clear expectations, empower associates to manage their work, and hold ourselves and one another to a high standard.
Walmart's scale enables us to have an. No other company has the reach of Walmart, with 2.3 million associates worldwide and over 230 million weekly customers.
Walmart is reshaping retail by investing in an expanding workforce. While technology is at the heart of our digital transformation, people are the reason we succeed and the force behind our innovations. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow.
Flexible, hybrid work
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily virtual, while remaining near the locations Global Tech calls home. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We use our campuses to collaborate and be together in person, as business needs require and for development and networking opportunities.
Our U.S. hubs are: Atlanta, GA; Bentonville AR; Charlotte, NC; Dallas, TX, Hoboken, NJ; Reston, VA; Seattle, WA and Sunnyvale, CA.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond our great compensation package, we offer performance incentives. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 2 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science
121 River St, Hoboken, NJ 07030-5989, United States of America