Change Healthcare is a leading healthcare technology company with a mission to inspire a better healthcare system. We deliver innovative solutions to patients, hospitals, and insurance companies to improve clinical decision making, simplify financial processes, and enable better patient experiences to improve lives and support healthier communities.
Software Engineer – Payment Integrity – Python -C#. – .Net – Clustering – Microservices – SQL – Big Data pipelines. – PySpark – Python – AWS
Overview of Position
We are looking for a Software Engineer who is passionate about architecting and building modern engineering solutions that involve high-volume data processing and synthesis. As a Software Engineer, you will bring knowledge in building big-data systems and hands-on experience with modern development frameworks and tools. In this role, you will have the opportunity to engineer our next generation healthcare platform for Payer services, focusing on Coordination of Benefits. You will use big-data best practices, data pipelines and cloud best practices while building software with performance, usability, security and scalability in mind. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering software solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- New product development and enhancements leveraging technologies including but not limited to AWS EMR, PySpark, and other supporting AWS Services like Lambda, SNS, SQS, Glue, Airflow, Athena etc.
- Develop and operate scalable, resilient data ingestion pipelines using open source big-data technologies. Ensure industry best practices are followed for data pipelines, metadata management, data quality, data governance and data privacy
- Support legacy Postgres SQL platform until it can be retired in 2023. Improve codebase on new platform to ensure maintainability, testability and performance.
- Leads development of small projects and mentors junior team members.
- Work closely with Product Management and other stakeholders to ensure that the features delivered are meeting our customer needs
- Provide continuous feedback, identify process improvement opportunities, openly communicate and collaborate to enhance team capabilities
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 5+ years professional experience in software development with modern programming languages. Python & C#.Net preferred. Strong backend programming skills for data processing, with practical knowledge of availability, scalability, clustering, microservices, multi-threaded development and performance patterns.
- 5+ years professional experience with indexed data persistence such as Relational Databases (SQL).
- 3+ years of experience with Big Data pipelines. PySpark/ Python preferred.
- Strong experience working with AWS.
- Proven track record of building scaled data platforms and enterprise products, working across engineering teams.
- Experience in working on scrum team, including modular design, implementation, and testing. Ability to breakdown requirements into stories and provide estimates, perform code reviews, raise technical risk and create documentation.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (Fargate, Lambda, Kinesis, CloudWatch, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, Athena, AWS EMR, Data Pipeline, Step Functions, AWS Batch, CloudFormation, Airflow, Glue etc).
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience using orchestration tools like AirFlow, KubeFlow or equivalent.
- Experience troubleshooting issues on production systems/databases, including systems inherited from others.
- Experience developing and performance tuning data pipelines.
- Experience building automated CI/CD pipelines using tools like Git, Terraform, etc.
- Experience working with large datasets and large-scale distributed computing.
- Experience building data lakes and data warehouses.
- Understanding of data modeling and database theory.
- Experience modelling real world data in both RDBMS(Postgres, SQL Server or equivalent) and NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis or equivalent) persistence layers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Knowledge in agile/scrum methodologies, DevOps, and software development lifecycle.
- Committed to current best practices, continuous deployment, 100% fault tolerance, high performance, infrastructure as code, and working in a Test Driven and DevOps organization.
- Strong communication skills. Capable of sharing knowledge with external teams via tech talks, able to consistently deliver on critical tasks on any given project through proven consistency of established DevOps practices.
- Strong business acumen and mindset.
- Healthcare experience, especially in the Payer area, is a plus
- Experience with HIPAA compliance and the security of PHI data is a plus
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
How much should I expect to travel?
10%. This position may require travel for training, planning, and other business needs. Usually, travel is outside the local area and overnight
• Flexible work environments
• Ready, Set, Grow Career Development Center & access to Change Healthcare University for continuous professional learning & development with more than 5,000 training assets
• Volunteer days, employee giving and matching gifts programs, community awards and dollars for doers, community partnerships
• Employee wellbeing programs and generous health plans
• Educational assistance programs
• US 401(k) savings plans with matching employer contributions
• Be sure to ask our Talent Advisors for more information on location specific benefits and paid time off policies
• Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com
Fully Remote – U.S. Alpharetta, GA; Nashville, TN
For remote, eastern or central time zone preferred.
New York and New Jersey Residents Only: The salary range for New York City, NY and Westchester County, NY is $105,225 – $183,000. The salary range for Ithaca, NY is $91,500 – $152,500. The salary range for Jersey City, NJ is $109,800 – $183,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Change Healthcare offers benefits such as a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with Change Healthcare, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
•At Change Healthcare, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.
•Business Resource Groups (BRGs) play a central role in advancing diversity and inclusion at Change Healthcare. They deepen our understanding of different cultures, people, and experiences, and help foster an inclusive workplace. Change offers eight (8) BRGs. Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com/diversity
Feeling Inspired? Ready to #MakeAChange? Apply today!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, some individuals may be required to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to or during employment. Certain roles may require COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing as a condition of employment. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation” as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.