Software Engineer, Performance and Tools
Job Locations US-MA-Cambridge
Req No. 2017-4235
Category Software Engineering
Riverbed gives Global Enterprise-wide insights to spur innovation, reduce the cost of running their business, and boost productivity at every level. Riverbed solutions provide greater agility, enhanced visibility, increased performance and improved efficiency. Riverbed is the leader in Application, Network, and Cloud Performance infrastructure, delivering the most complete platform for Global Enterprises to ensure applications perform as expected, data is always available when needed, and performance issues can be proactively detected and resolved before impacting business performance. Riverbed is trusted by the world’s best brands for the delivery of superior application performance for their globally connected enterprises.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue headquartered in San Francisco with branch offices around the globe.
About this Position
The SteelCentral NetProfiler product analyzes tens of millions of network flows every minute, saving the data in a highly optimized proprietary database and performing real-time analysis. Real-time analytics detect network operations and security anomalies to alert network administrators before customers are calling for help. With highly configurable dashboards and flexible traffic reporting capabilities, NetProfiler is a go-to network visibility tool for network managers at Fortune 500 companies around the world.
The NetProfiler Performance Engineering team is tasked with building frameworks and infrastructure to develop a high capacity scalable Performance Tool Stack for our cutting-edge Network and Application monitoring solutions. While we offer both, on premise and Cloud based solutions we are experiencing rapid growth in our Cloud offerings. This has us seeking a DevOps/ Tools engineer with strong knowledge and experience in virtualization and cloud technologies, including but not limited to AWS & VMWare.
– Work with Development, Quality Assurance and Project Management to identify requirements for the tool stack.
– Help build a high capacity and configurable traffic generation technology as input feed to products under test.
– Design, build and manage AWS Cloud Infrastructure in Optimal Configurations.
– Work to re-architect software infrastructure that underpins the execution and management of performance test runs.
– Build systems to identify, collect and analyze performance data from the underlying system and applications that meet the needs of various teams.
– Use web application frameworks to allow users to specify test input, visually display results & compare performance data across test runs and product releases.
– 2-4 years’ experience in Software Development or Quality Assurance.
– Strong knowledge of Python programming language on Linux.
– Knowledge of code deployment and automation in AWS.
– Knowledge of networking and software defined networking in cloud environments.
– Knowledge of database technologies like MongoDB, InfluxDB and MySQL.
– Knowledge of Flask or Django web frameworks.
– Understanding of server-side templating languages like Jinja 2.
– Knowledge of Grafana metric analytics and visualization suite is a plus.
– Knowledge of Docker containers and orchestration platforms such as ECS.
– Knowledge of Amazon CloudWatch is a plus.
Why Riverbed Technology?
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today’s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine’s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.
Learn more at ****************.
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.