What you'll do…
- Build the possibilities.
We're growing our technology team and are searching for a Software Engineer to help us modernize our software architecture in our Financial Services team. When you join us, you'll use your technical expertise to design, develop, and maintain applications and products that support H&R Block business applications and transform our technology. You'll serve as the lead role for day-to-day functional tasks in the team, developer support, and maintaining the development environment. Ready to innovate and solve problems in new ways? Join us.
What you'll do as a Software Engineer…
Works closely with senior, lead or principal software engineer to design, develop and maintain software components and products that support H&R Block business applications.
- Uses tools, languages, coding standards and best practices to develop new product features and maintain year over year product functionality and enhancements.
- Creates and executes unit tests and addresses defects.
- Works closely with the QA, UX and other related teams to ensure consistent understanding of requirements and approach.
- Designs, develops and maintains software components
- Creates and maintains documentation of design approaches
- Creates and maintains documentation on internal architecture of the system.
- Participates in technical design and code reviews for all new enhancements and maintenance work delivered.
- Understands business and functional requirements and produces technical specifications and product requirements.
- Creates, maintains and executes unit test and alpha test plans
- Maintains and improves current knowledge on the latest technologies relevant to the role regarding algorithms, language, design methodology, third-party development tools, application platforms, hardware compatibility and operating systems.
What you'll bring to the team…
• Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
• 3 years Minimum related work experience
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of Azure SQL DB, SQL server and SQL database concepts
• Experience in writing T-SQL script, stored procedures, functions, etc.
• Experience developing ETL processes via Azure Data Factory and SSIS
• Experience with data feed exception processing and monitoring best practices
• Experience with .Net/C#
• Understanding of event driven architecture and cloud orchestration
• Understanding of Dev Ops processes and Agile software development
• Ability to understand and troubleshoot file errors and dependencies based on client and business impact and criticality
About H&R Block…
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.