We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer with a Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or related Engineering field and at least 10 years of related experience. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to design and create the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies – those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow.
What to look forward to:
As a Software Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise to assist in the analysis of our existing software and systems and the definition, design, and development of new software and system requirements. You'll provide creative and agile solutions to keep our business competitive. You'll be responsible for performing coding, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting of our systems and software throughout our application development process and analyzing system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
At SNC’s ISR, Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for high-performance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and aviation systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission. Learn more about IAS
• Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related Engineering discipline with at least 10 years of relevant experience
• Experience in project definition, requirements development and requirements management
• Experience leading software teams
• Ability to train and mentor junior engineers
• Work closely with the Technical Lead and Program Manager to guide the software team
• Act as liaison between software engineering, program management, user groups, and other engineering disciplines
• Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large teams
• Ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
• Ability to communicate to technical and non-technical audiences, including high ranking US Government and Military officials
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to work with limited and changing requirements
• The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required
• Recent experience with C/C++ and C#
• Experience on both Linux and Windows platforms
• UI/UX experience, including incorporating input from end users with varying backgrounds
• Experience maintaining and debugging existing software systems
• Experience using Object-Oriented Design Patterns
• Experience using Software Project Management and Issue tracking tools
• Experience using Software Configuration Management processes and tools
Nice to Have
• MIL-HDBK-516C or DO-178C experience
• MIL-STD-1553B and ARINC-429 experience
• Ability to work outside of strictly software, e.g. perform basic Systems or Electrical Engineering tasks
• Experience with cybersecurity
• Experience with avionics, military mission systems, and weapon systems
• Ability to create and manage requirements for external or third-party software teams.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.