Are you seeking a new and challenging position supporting a complex program? Well, look no further! This is an exciting time to contribute to an important program with lasting impactful results. Leidos is currently looking to add a software engineer to a growing task. Tasks will include maintenance and support of a complex legacy software system consisting of legacy COTS and GOTS products, resolve user issues, software defects, and security vulnerabilities when identified. This task will also include helpdesk and operational support as needed to support this application.
The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Perform ongoing sustainment support as needed for legacy signals analysis systems and tools
- Develop and maintain legacy COTS and GOTS software packages
- Modify software to correct errors, adapt to new hardware, and implement new security requirements
- Modify/augment existing software to add new features if required to satisfy user and/or security requirements
- Implement, test, and deploy bug fixes, enhancements, and security updates for legacy code
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Assist with maintaining the overall system including migrating the code to new systems or operating environments
- Help coordinate system outages and deploy software to the operational environment.
- Assist with helpdesk support as needed
- Write, update, and review project documentation in Word and maintain information in Confluence workspaces.
- Work in partnership with other developers, systems administrators, testers, and subject matter experts (SMEs) to provide troubleshooting and support services for user and system issues.
- Fourteen (14) years' experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Active TS/SCI with Poygraph.
*Must be US Citizen
- Java 8
- Swing, Web Start,
- MySQL, Apache Tomcat
- GIT, Jenkins, Artifactory, Eclipse-
- JIRA, Confluence
- Linux (RedHat 7, 8)
- Knowledge of agile development processes
- Experience providing development support to operational systems
- Experience with RESTful web services
- Knowledge of Liferay
Pay Range $118,300.00 – $182,000.00 – $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.