Careers | SMG Current Openings |Software Engineer/Test Engineer
Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Log back in!
Software Engineer/Test Engineer
Job Locations US-MO-Kansas City
Posted Date 2 weeks ago(6/4/2018 3:04 PM)
Job ID 2017-1201
# of Openings 1
SMG (Service Management Group) is looking for a Test Engineer! This individual will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of application software and automated tests used to validate the company’s software products and services.
SMG partners with more than 500 brands around the globe to create better customer and employee experiences, which drive loyalty and performance. SMG uniquely combines technology and insights to help clients listen better, act faster, and outperform the competition. Strategic solutions include omniCXTM, Brand Research, and Employee Engagement. SMG evaluates 250 million surveys annually, across 130 countries.
– Develop production-ready C# and Structured Query Language (SQL) code in Software as a Service (SaaS) environment.
– Develop meaningful unit tests to accompany production code.
– Write test plans, test cases, use cases, and test strategy documents in compliance with relevant organizational and industry standards.
– Articulate Software Process Improvement suggestions. Provide information, analysis and recommendations to support team efforts.
– Prepare and deliver presentations for communicating any of the above.
– Construct complete and thorough manual test cases based on test design and thorough knowledge of the product and its environment.
– Consistently ensure high quality, thorough manual test cases that fully exercise product functionality, but consume minimal resources.
– Use test automation in place of manual testing as well as constructing and maintaining automated regression testing.
– Execute end-to-end functional tests and utilize automated tests to exercise system.
– Perform extensive data validation testing, writing complex database queries to validate database state and data consistency.
– Offer direct input into the requirements documents, review and give feedback based on product knowledge and understanding of customer issues.
– Understand the business needs the product is trying to meet.
– Influence others to ensure appropriate levels of quality on owned deliverable(s).
– Understand requirements and technical design in order to write code which implements those requirements.
– Create work plans for own deliverables.
– Create clearly documented personal goals, plan, design and result and communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
– Compare, contrast, and prioritize alternative approaches to meeting those objectives.
– One year of experience writing web-based software based on the Microsoft stack.
– Hands-on white box testing experience.
– One year of experience writing production-ready C# code, with clear understanding of code written by others.
– One year of test automation experience writing automated tests and regression tests.
– Experience with automated unit testing.
– One year of experience writing complex SQL queries, update statements, and stored procedures, and experience with and proven understanding of Angular.JS.
Position also requires the following:
– Understanding of software testing fundamentals including the concepts of both positive and negative testing.
– Hands-on experience with representative technologies.
– Understanding of the software testing processes.
– Understanding of fundamentals of writing test harnesses on the Microsoft stack.
– Ability to black box/gray box test.
– Thorough understanding of Agile Software Development Lifecycle principles and techniques.
– Understanding of how to work in a blended team environment where Testers and Engineers are on the same team and interact constantly as part of the same team.
– Ability to perform risk analysis relating to defect fixes and other related program changes to assigned projects.
– Understanding of the relationships between ‘owned’ components and those with which they interface.
– Ability to assist with cross-component dependency analysis.
– Strong understanding of object oriented development and design principles.
– Knowledge of system analysis, design and programming.
– Knowledge of web-based application development, relational database technology, and development of interface software.
– Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
– Demonstrated and effective time management, organizational, prioritization, and planning skills.
– Analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to develop creative solutions to assigned projects.
– Ability to work in a team environment with limited supervision.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
– Technical knowledge of the current hardware, operating systems and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
– Ability to determine whether a particular problem is caused by hardware, operating systems software, application programs, or network failures.
– Understanding of formal principles of Computer Science, including advanced data structures and algorithmic analysis.
for this job online
Refer a FriendRefer
Sorry the function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
Software Powered by iCIMS
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.