Job ID 2018-3912
Location US-CA-San Jose
Category R & D
About the Job
SOFTWARE ENGINEER TOOLS AND INFRASTRUCTURE
88 is looking for a Software Engineer who is passionate about delivering quality through test automation and cares deeply about delivering the most value to end users as quickly and safely as possible.
* You have a test-driven mindset firmly rooted in years of developing quality software
* You have the ability to analyze complex situations/problems and deliver logical and efficient solutions
* You are passionate and can elaborate on the pros and cons of different test automation frameworks
* You have developed tools and infrastructure that help engineers develop, test, debug and release software quickly
If it sounds like we’re describing you, read on!
* Design and build tooling and infrastructure to help engineering teams measure and increase their velocity
* Evangelize best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability
* Experience in most of the following areas: white/black box testing, web app testing, mobile app testing, regression testing, script/tool generation, test automation, CI/CD, test plan generation, documentation, problem solving/analysis, troubleshooting complex issues, and bug/defect tracking and reporting
* Design, create, document and maintain test automation scripts/code
* Perform extensive functionality, integration, regression, interoperability and end-to-end system testing when necessary
* Work closely with Engineering and Operations teams to ensure that the highest quality software is deployed safely and quickly
* Troubleshoot, analyze, and isolate defects and report them to a bug tracking database (JIRA)
* BS or MS in CS / EE / CE and 3-5 years related work experience
* Familiarity with building test automation frameworks for REST API’s and web services
* Experience with building/utilizing industry standard test automation frameworks (Selenium, WinRunner, AutoIT, Rational Functional Tester, Robot Framework, Sikuli, UFT/QTP, etc.) from the ground up
* Candidate should be: a team player, self-motivated, eager to learn, result oriented, able to work independently when needed, have a strong attention to detail and be able to think ‘outside the box’
* Must have a proven track record for documenting test plans, test cases, bug reports, and status reports
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* MS in CS / EE / CE or related engineering discipline
* Working knowledge with most of the following: VoIP (SIP, RTP), Wireshark (or other similar tools), web applications, mobile applications (iOS and Android), backend applications, relational (SQL) and nonrelational (NoSQL) databases, testing client/server architectures, 3rd party SIP/IP phones, consumer-targeted software, QA best practices / policies, Windows/OSX/Unix/Linux OS, Agile software development environments, computer networking concepts and protocols
* Experience with performance and load testing using industry standard tools and technologies (built or bought)
88 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 88 jobs located in the US: 88 participates in the E-Verify program.
View the Participant Poster in English | Espaol.
View the Right to Work Poster in English | Espaol.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.