What you'll do…
- Execute accessible, responsive, performant, and reusable UI components for the H&R Block Design System.
- Provide partnership for day-to-day functional tasks on the team such as code reviews, problem solving.
- Collaborate with other team members in updating and maintaining the development environment, tooling, DevOps practices, code standards, and best practices used by the team.
- Create and execute unit tests and address defects.
- Work closely with the QA, UX and other related teams to ensure consistent understanding of requirements and approach.
- Assist in implementation of the strategic direction.
- Designs, develops and maintains software components for the H&R Block Design System
- Create and maintain documentation of design approaches
- Create and maintain documentation on internal architecture of the system.
- Identify opportunities to enhance scalability, usability and better performance of the H&R Block Design System.
- Understand complex business and functional requirements and produce technical specifications and product requirement. Creates, maintains and executes unit test and alpha test plans
- Maintain and improve current knowledge on the latest technologies relevant to the role regarding algorithms, language, design methodology, third-party development tools, application platforms, hardware compatibility and operating systems.
- Mentors and coaches other team members on the latest technological advances within the current technology used. Leads by example
About H&R Block…
We're here to live our purpose—to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company—one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
It would be even better if you also had…
- CSS Animation experience
- Web Component specification (HTML Templates, Custom Elements, Shadow DOM)
- Experience with security concepts
- Angular experience (v7 or higher)
- Package Management– NPM Scripting is a plus
- Strong understanding and experience with Git
- Experience usingFigma or Sketch
- Experience with Semantic Versioning
What you'll bring to the team…
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
- 2 years Minimum related work experience
- Understanding of HTML and accessibility.
- CSS – SCSS. Modern-responsive layout/box-model knowledge (Flexbox, Grid).
- Understanding of modular modern JS, DOM manipulation and traversal.
- Package Management – NPM/Yarn experience.
- Experience using Git.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.