he Comcast Cloud Technologies (CCT) organization at Comcast engineers, integrates, tests and operates cloud technologies and services to help Comcast organizations enhance and enable their businesses to deliver customer focused solutions based on innovative technology. We do this through our culture by leading with trust in our teams through empowerment, accountability, and empathy. We ask our team to manage through change by remaining furiously customer centric, maintain our ability to be open, and striving for transparency with ourselves and each other. Additionally, we ask our team to continuously evolve through learning, being reliable and retaining flexibility. As a technology centric and end to end customer experience driven company, Comcast has embarked on a bold journey to embrace cloud computing and cloud-based technologies across its entire business. With this goal in mind, over the last several years, many Engineering organizations across Comcast have begun to leverage cloud solutions and services to modernize their infrastructures and establish their future platforms for innovation. Our team provides those services. Our team is responsible for building, maintaining and improving one of the largest federated deployments of Kubernetes available as a service for many other teams to consume and use. Our success will be measured by the stability and scalability of our platform as more products and applications are migrated to containerized architectures. This includes both on-premises deployments deployed across 50 datacenters today, as well as public cloud offers such as AWS. We are responsible for platform upgrade automation, capacity visibility, and software parity as it relates to our load balancer, log aggregator, monitoring tools, resource provisioning daemons, deployment tools, security, authentication and REST APIs.
Our Tech Stack: Golang, Kubernetes and container technologies, python, concourse, public clouds, cloud monitoring tools, storage solutions, basic networking (OSI protocols and stack)
In this role, you will:
- Work on API’s and UI’s that enable other developers within Comcast to more easily and effectively get their jobs done.
- Be open to both high level design work as well as more specific detailed projects.
- Learn and apply standard processes in software development associated with design, documentation, coding, testing, deployment, and monitoring in a DevOps environment.
- Take end to end ownership of your part of the work and collaborate with partners, team members and other teams across organizations to develop solutions that put our products and customers first.
- Actively participate in code reviews with other developers and engineering managers.
- Proactively monitor overall system health and troubleshoot applications running in production environments. Participate in 24×7 on-call support and incident triage on rotation and as and when required.
- Work closely with and accept feedback from peers, senior engineers, and managers to grow and improve your skills and abilities.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- 2+ years of software development experience preferably with GO(golang), Kubernetes containerization.
- Strong understanding of software development and object-oriented programming principles.
- Coursework or job experience of working with multiple programming languages.
- Comfortable working in Linux environments.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking with problem-solving skills.
- Interest and excitement for technology in general, eagerness to learn and explore new languages/ideas as demonstrated by personal project work, open-source contributions, personal websites or participation in tech communities.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and regular, consistent, and punctual attendance.
- Experience with source control systems (GitHub, SVN, etc.), continuous integration and deployment tools .
- Knowledge of any of k8s, VMware, public clouds a plus.
- Experience working effectively with a distributed, highly collaborative team.
- We are agile and seek continuous improvement
- We treat customers as partners rather than as tickets to be closed
- We value delivering usable solutions now and iterative refinement over holding out for a perfect solution later
- We value critical thinking, self-motivation, and the ability to be successful in an ambiguous and less-structured environment.
- We love people who are intellectually curious, utilize data to make decisions, innovate, elevate the performance of those around them, win as a team, and can express themselves thoughtfully.
- We want you to be passionate about delivering a great customer experience and understand how the work you drive connects to the customer.
The requirements are intended as a guideline only and it is not necessary to meet them all. If you are a highly motivated person who is interested in jumping into something new, believe you can be a culture add and thrive on driving a challenging program from start to finish, then you should apply.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Pay Range: This job can be performed in Denver Campus, with a Pay Range of $75,283.49 USD – $112,925.23 USD
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.