Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we’re constantly looking for ways to improve, enhance, and adapt in an ever-changing marketplace. The Software Engineering Manager is responsible for maintaining, enhancing, designing and developing software systems responsible for all core business functions surrounding an expedited freight management in a 24/7 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) environment. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Lead a technical group responsible for developing software, conducting unit testing, working with assigned QA staff and/or project manager to coordinate/assist in user testing procedures
- Develop documentation as appropriate
- Consult with other Software Engineer Managers, Infrastructure/Network Managers, and Project Managers to evaluate database designs, system structures, interfaces between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system
- Assist in development of technical and documentation standards
- Work with on-site or internal project managers or analysts to review problems, define and test solutions, and develop reports for user management
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree with focus in a related area
- 5 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong aptitude for understanding and analyzing large amounts of data from multiple sources
- Able to perform complex analysis of data, processes, policies, procedures and/or systems
- Development in SQL Server 2008 or later
- T-SQL Stored procedures
- Source Code Control (Team Foundation Server)
It’d be great if you also have:
- Experience and interaction with other technical and non-technical personnel and familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within this particular field and preferably cover most areas of the Software Development Life Cycle
- MCSA/MCSD certifications
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world’s most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L’Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.