Job Summary: Project Management for PC/Windows-based software for automated laboratory instrumentation, including User Interface, System Control, and Data Processing aspects.
Essential Functions: Coordinate all software project related tasks such as requirements capture, risk analysis, project planning and documentation, cross-functional collaboration and reviews for C#/C++ software for Automated Laboratory Instruments. Lead and contribute to cross-functional project meetings. Create, edit, review, and maintain Project plans, software design documents, Software Requirements Specifications, Risk analysis documents, status updates and other software project related documents in a regulated (FDA) environment. Provide technical updates to project leadership for all ongoing work assignments. Provide leadership team with software engineering Level of Effort estimates. Operate in accordance with the companys Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Quality System. Perform other duties as required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: May supervise 2-3 software engineers.
• Strong written and oral communication and collaboration skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively and to negotiate with other departments to achieve objectives.
• Highly motivated to successfully achieve objectives, both individually and in a team environment.
• Ability to understand and implement documentation practices and processes quickly.
• Work effectively as a team member within a team of 10 to 15 software engineers and in several cross-functional teams as well.
• Ability to lead small teams towards a common goal of successful project completion on schedule.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks from multiple sources.
• Highly organized and able to work independently under minimal supervision in a dynamic environment.
• Capacity to create detailed and accurate requirements specifications.
• Quick learner able to pick up new concepts both software development-centric as well as business domain knowledge.
Minimum Qualifications / Education: BS degree in Computer Science or 8+ years in software development preferred. Degree or Certification in PM (example PMP certification) is highly desired. Minimum 3+ years professional software project management experience (5+ preferred) or 8+ years of software development with some leadership/project management experience. Experienced in software project management and documentation for complex programmable automated systems. Life Sciences, Medical, laboratory instrumentation, and/or robotic control experience is an advantage.
Computer Skills: High proficiency in MS Office, Microsoft Project, and proficiency in Microsoft Visio and/or other modelling programs. Proficient in Microsoft Team Foundation server / Azure Dev Ops a plus.
Work Environment: Office.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to meet National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health (NIOSH) Standards.
** Click APPLY to show link to read full job details **
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.