Software Quality Analyst
As a Software Quality Analyst on the Claims IT team, you will play a key role in Sentry Insurance’s application quality. Responsibilities include detailed design and execution of testing strategies, on-going risk analysis of specific projects and execution testing to determine readiness of projects. You will report on test results material to production readiness and for providing data to business users with appropriate information for stakeholders to be able to effectively make a go/no go decision. This ensures quality and thoroughness in a timely manner to products and fixes prior to introduction to the system application. General accountabilities include production defect fixes, special projects and enhancements. This position can be filled as an Associate Software Quality Analyst or a Software Quality Analyst depending on the selected candidate’s related qualifications and experience.
What You’ll Do
As an integral part of a highly productive team you will also:
– Develop testing strategies based on specific project design and scope.
– Complete risk analysis of project changes to the system for development of test plans.
– Develop testing plans.
– Complete regression analysis, based on project design, scope and changes and production defect rending.
– On-going and complete, risk analysis of project quality and project timelines to determine the production readiness of software production to ensure a smooth transition into production environment.
What it Takes
– Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
– 2+ years of related work experience
– Workers compensation experience strongly preferred
– User testing with IT projects desired
– Possesses a strong understanding of various business products, processes and practices with proven experience in systems.
– Experience in any customer service relations.
– Experience in self-managed environment.
– Possesses strong analytical abilities.
– Demonstrates strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
– Demonstrates interpersonal skills to operate in a fast paced, demanding customer-oriented team.
– Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of SQA industry practices.
– Software proficiency in MS applications.
What You’ll Receive
Sentry’s excellent benefits package is designed to meet today’s most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance employees include:
– Competitive Compensation
– Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
– 401 (K) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first eight percent
– Comprehensive paid training
– Generous Paid-Time Off Plan
– Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
How You’ll Apply
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
Sentry employees have been helping individuals and businesses build and protect their futures since 1904. Because of the trust placed in us, Sentry is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, and is rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry’s leading rating authority. Sentry offers a full line of property, casualty and life insurance products to protect businesses, cars, homes, lives and retirement incomes.
So make the right choice – with great potential for growth, an outstanding 401(k) program and a schedule that offers you a balance between your work and life, choose the company with the strength and stability to offer it all. Choose Sentry Insurance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Software Quality Analyst
Stevens Point, WI
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.