– Software Quality Assurance Engineer (HID5041) >
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (HID5041)
2018-08-02Region: North America Long Beach, CA North AmericaUSLong Beach, CA
HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world’s people, places and things. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. Our trusted identity solutions give people secure and convenient access to physical and digital places and connect things that can be accurately identified, verified and tracked digitally. Millions of people around the world use HID products and services to navigate their everyday lives, and over 2 billion things are connected through HID technology. We work with governments, educational institutions, hospitals, financial institutions, industrial businesses and some of the most innovative companies on the planet. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,000 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit *****************.
Mercury Security Products located in Long Beach, California, is a leader in the commercial security industry designing and manufacturing embedded controllers.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, flex spending and PTO and FTO to qualifying employees. Mercury is a casual working environment.
As a software quality assurance engineer at Mercury Security you will work as part of a team to provide testing services including manual and automated functional testing, you will become familiar with the Mercury Security products and features and you will become proficient with toolsets such as JIRA Agile.
You will collaborate with developers and other software quality assurance analysts to understand and clarify software requirements, develop test cases and develop your product knowledge. You will use Mercury’s automated testing tool to develop automated testing scripts and you will execute both manual and automated functional tests as well as performance tests.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in computer science and 3-5 years of software quality assurance experience. You must be able to communicate clearly, demonstrate an investigative nature and be able to assess a situation or a set of conditions and determine a course of action quickly and effectively. You should be a self-starter who can work closely with the development team to discover, report and validate fixes for issues.
Education and/or Experience:
– Experience with functional and regression testing.
– Experience with test planning and test case development.
– Windows and Linux O/S knowledge including performance monitoring and network topologies.
– 3+ years of practical Software QA Engineering experience with Windows/Linux-based applications required.
– Strong background in Quality Assurance methodologies.
– Working knowledge in defect management and tracking system.
– Ability to document test results in a clear and concise manner.
– Experience with black box testing techniques and methodologies.
– Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and analysis skills.
– Exceptional communication skills in order to articulate quality assurance practices.
– Strict attention to detail.
– Ability to work with minimum supervision with set priorities.
– Ability to work under pressure with short-term deadlines.
– BS in Computer Science required or equivalent experience.
– Experience with Physical Access Control Systems is a tremendous benefit.
– Test lab and test bed development and maintenance.
– Experience with testing Web Services.
– Experience testing embedded applications.
– Ability to read and effectively communicate in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
– Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
– Must be a collaborative team player.
– Must have good analytical skills
– Must have the ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
– Must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, key personnel and suppliers.
– Sense of Urgency
– The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Employee works primarily in an office environment, with in a well ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels.
– Compliance to all relevant HID Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
– Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
HID Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
If you have a disability which limits your ability to
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.