Salary Range: $98,901.00-$143,406.00
Opening Date: April 27, 2018
Closing Date: May 12, 2018.
As the Software Quality Assurance (QA) Manager, you will ensure technology products and services meet the established standards of quality, reliability, usability, and performance.
Software Quality Assurance Manager
Serves in the Technology Program Support and Business Relations Department of the Office of Technology at the Headquarters Office.
Directly and through subordinate staff, establishes and implements comprehensive software QA policies, standards, practices, test environments, and tools to ensure that quality and test plans are created and executed for technology products and services. Performs related functions.
- Establishes and implements end-to-end QA testing strategy, policies, and procedures for the Office of Technology. Evaluates and updates QA standards.
- Oversees the design and implementation of validation procedures, test plans, and test cases. Ensures standard test scripts are implemented on all projects.
- Manages software quality assurance (SQA) activities to support the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile methods: develops test plans to achieve maximum software system coverage, performs audits, investigates end-user complaints and software non-conformance, analyzes statistical quality data, and maintains an SQA library.
- Documents and maintains existing test environments and identifies gaps in them.
- Defines test automation strategy and leads efforts to automate tests to reduce testing cycle times and improve predictability and repeatability.
- Pilots and implements test automation on suitable technology projects.
- Evaluates and procures test data management tools and implements selected tools.
- Ensures QA team members and other Office staff are trained on the toolsâ€™ usage.
- Works closely with the development team and vendors to understand proposed software designs and ensure that testing covers all aspects of required functionality. Provides feedback to initiate changes in the development process.
- Supports business area stakeholders to ensure appropriate priority for testing the software used in their area.
- Participates in risk identification, analysis, and mitigation during testing by evaluating failures, dependencies, security, and non-compliance with established requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Seven years of progressively responsible experience in software development.
- Five years of specialized experience in QA management within an IT organization involving QA testing strategy, processes, and practices.
- Knowledge of and skill in working with mobile applications and digital signage.
- Expert level knowledge of QA management principles with a focus on software testing and ability to establish end-to-end testing strategy, processes, and standards including developing QA policies and procedures, implementing new QA standards, evaluating the adequacy of QA standards, and maintaining ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and skill in SQA activities (e.g., developing reusable, maintainable, and effective test plans; performing and documenting audits; investigating end-user complaints and software non-conformance issues; analyzing statistical quality data to improve software; recommending and monitoring corrective/preventive actions; and maintaining an SQA documentation library).
- Knowledge of software test strategies and ability to apply it to plan, develop, and execute an overall software test strategy and oversee design and implementation of validation procedures, test plans, and test cases across all technology projects.
- Ability to analyze data on and assess effectiveness of established QA processes and use it to make recommendations for improvements in QA policies, procedures, and standards.
- Knowledge of supervisory principles and ability to manage the operations and programs of the unit/team.
- Ability to make detailed analyses of data and information and make recommendations.
- Ability to speak and write effectively.
- Experience using test automation tools, such as QTP, WinRunner, and LoadRunner.
- Experience with SDLC concepts and Agile methods.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering, or related field.
Certifications And Licenses Required:
Necessary Special Factors:
Work is typically reviewed in progress and upon completion for quantity, quality, timeliness, teamwork, customer service, and other factors.
A background security investigation will be required for all new hires.
Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.