Software Support Specialist
We are looking for a Software Support Specialist to resolve product
feedback, issues, and requests spanning a broad platform surface area
on behalf of clients and stakeholders.
The Support Team is a diverse, high performing group with broad
charter to negotiate technical solutions for complex client problems.
From coaching a client on a specific workaround to creating an FME
automation workflow, you play a key and empowered role managing our
client s success. In addition to our government clients and citizen
users, our key partners and stakeholders include product analysts and
owners, data analysts, engineering teams, account managers, and client
If you are driven by accountability, a deep sense of ownership and
thrive on turning chaos into order, we should definitely talk.
Our mission at Socrata, the Data & Insights Division of Tyler
Technologies, is to help government use data more strategically and
effectively in the design and delivery of their programs and missions.
Socrata is about to embark on its next stage of robust growth as part
of Tyler Technologies. On April 30, 2018, Tyler Technologies
(NYSE:TYL), the leading provider of end-to-end information management
solutions and services for local governments acquired Socrata, the
market leader in making existing government data discoverable, usable,
and actionable for government workers and the people they serve. The
potential to layer Socrata’s powerful data technology on top of
Tyler’s mission-critical line of business systems in more than 15,000
local government organizations will allow Socrata to provide data and
insights on a scale that has the opportunity to fundamentally change
the way local government understands their operations, uses their
resources and serves their constituents.
Now is the time join Socrata, the Data & Insights Division at Tyler,
and change your career trajectory!
Our data as a service platform and cloud-based solutions support the
world’s most effective open and internal data sharing programs at
every level of government. Our clients include the US Federal
Government; half of the US states and most major US cities and
counties. That list includes states like New York, Texas,
Massachusetts and Utah; cities like Seattle, Chicago, Los Angeles and
New York City; Federal agencies like the Centers for Disease Control
and Prevention (CDC), US Department of Commerce, the US Department of
Transportation and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services! Our
select few non-governmental clients are ones with influence over
government data policy, including the World Bank, the United Nations
and the European Commission.
How We Act
At Socrata, how we act with each other and our clients embodies the
core values and our code of conduct:
* We value big ideas and creative execution
* We build open and honest relationships
* We are results driven and accountable
* We celebrate success together
* We aspire to be remarkable
* We take individual responsibility for the success of every client
Do you share our values? Is this the kind of environment where you’ll
feel empowered to do your best and most meaningful work?
Tyler Technologies (NYSE: TYL) is a leading provider of end-to-end
information management solutions and services for local governments.
Tyler partners with clients to empower the public sector – cities,
counties, schools and other government entities – to become more
efficient, more accessible and more responsive to the needs of their
constituents. Tyler’s client base includes more than 15,000 local
government offices in all 50 states, Canada, the Caribbean, Australia,
and other international locations. In 2017, Forbes ranked Tyler on its
"Most Innovative Growth Companies" list, and Fortune included Tyler on
its "100 Fastest-Growing Companies" list. Headquartered in Plano,
Texas, Tyler has more than 4,200 employees in multiple divisional and
regional offices across the U.S. You can learn more about Tyler
Technologies at *****************.
The Data & Insights Division employs 130 team members, and is
headquartered in a vibrant and creative workspace in Seattle, WA. You
can learn more about this remarkable division of Tyler at
Competitive salary including a 401K with employer match, employee
stock purchase plan as well great health benefits are offered.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply right here!
Tyler Technologies is committed to the principle of equal employment
opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work
environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment
decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status
protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we
operate. Tyler Technologies will not tolerate discrimination or
harassment based on any of these characteristics. Tyler Technologies
encourages applicants of all ages.
Diversity and Inclusion
At the Data & Insights division of Tyler, we aspire to be remarkable:
in the culture we create, the products we build, and the services we
deliver. We believe a diverse team that embodies many different
backgrounds and experiences is necessary for us to be the best we can
be. Within the division, we pursue a culture of inclusivity by
identifying and removing aspects of our culture that stop people from
being able to do the best work of their lives in physical and
emotional safety, while being their authentic selves. We seek
diversity, equity, and inclusion across our organization and in our
daily work as individuals.
We understand change takes time and that we still have work to do, and
we are committed to making continual progress.
* Partner with a Client Success Manager to inform a client success
* Attend a post-launch client implementation handoff call
* Lead an engineering meeting to address product remediations
* Engage in a monthly Product Roadmap debrief and discussion
* Participate in a Product pre-release bug bash
* Partner with a Product Owner to create internal documentation and
external knowledge base content
* Create an ETL solution to automate a client s data workflow
* Test and QA validated client-reported issues
* Unblock client issues through a screen shared coaching session
* LOVE to triage and gather requirements. And you LOVE coming to
work to problem-solve for technical and non-technical clients
* You are comfortable interacting w/ technical decision makers and
management to drive clarity when there is no clear correct answer
* LOVE engineering creative solutions and taking ownership of
* Know how to deliver win-win resolutions that may include telling
the client no
* Effectively communicate with everyone (e.g. clients, end users,
and all internal stakeholders)
* Are a self starter, embrace ambiguity and are highly motivated to:
* Seek out answers from technical experts cross-functionally
about things you know nothing about
* Understand a technical problem, not just be able to translate
* Become a Socrata and internal data sharing expert
* Curate and maintain a broad and best-in-class knowledge base
* Care deeply about client success
* Are passionate about team collaboration, performance excellence,
and measuring service level agreements and satisfaction
* Have flexibility to work different shifts, including an early (6
a.m.-3 p.m.) or later (9 a.m.-6 p.m.) shift, or other combinations
established by the Company
We especially want to hear from you if:
* You are not afraid to hold yourself accountable and learn from
* You are comfortable with client satisfaction as a religious
* You enjoy taking ownership of team metrics and working creatively
to improve processes and results.
* You have a passion for collaborating with the Product team and
advocating for change based on user feedback.
* You are skilled at explaining and documenting technical concepts
for a variety of audiences.
Requisition Number: *******
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.