There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
The General Motors Connected Customer Mobility Solutions group is seeking to identify highly motivated and qualified individuals for potential future opportunities as Technical Product Owner. In anticipation of these opportunities becoming available, if you are interested in learning more about GM, completing this profile will allow us to stay connected.
Who We Are
The Connected Customer and Mobility Solutions organization develops, in an Agile/SAFe environment, the technologies enabling a new generation of connected vehicles worldwide. This includes call centers located in multiple countries backed by two world class data centers. Our technology is a key enabler to things like smarter car sharing programs, driver customization opportunities, and advanced active safety systems including autonomous driving. These capabilities exist through the largest implementation of 4G LTE in the automotive industry which enables the capture of extensive amount of vehicle data to our Big Data platform. Our innovation teams are driving groundbreaking technology to the consumer.
More About Us
We do cool stuff! We are passionate about building high quality systems that resolve sophisticated problems on an extensive scale. Our team is inclusive, made up of forward-thinking software engineers who enjoy working together to develop innovative software solutions in an environment where new insights and unique viewpoints are embraced. Our business is fast paced and constantly evolving to get provide new features and capabilities to market, while conforming to global regulations. CCMS applications are developed on mobile, web and in-vehicle customer platforms. We utilize private cloud, PCF, J2EE and Big Data backend services, allowing opportunities working in numerous technologies on applications achieving continuous availability.
Who You Are
The Software Test Engineer role will involve close interaction with the Product Owner, Solution/Systems Architect, Development Team, business team members and other members of the development team and will demand a high level of understanding of requirements, Automation and Testing to Develop & Execute Test cases. You will be crafting and building test conditions and scripts to address business and technical use cases. Creating test cases including application data setup and vehicle configuration following specific requirements will be a critical to your and our success. In addition, you can also look forward to the following:
- Develop Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure the test cases trace to software requirements
- Execute and analyze manual/automated tests across software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Make sure that execution status and results are tracked utilizing the appropriate tools
- Document, track, and log defects
- Call out blocking defects and issues to Test Lead and Scrum Master , Product Owner
- Work closely with developers on testing issues/defects
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Verify and close out defects, relevant CRs prior to release
Additional Job Description
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 3+ years of experience with software development and/or software testing experience
- Experience with relational database or non-relational database interactions
- Experience performing unit, system, system integration, security or application performance testing
- Experience with design, development, optimization, and deployment of test automation suites. (Gherkin/Cucumber, Selenium, etc.)
- Effectively and efficiently connect and collaborate with peers, development team, product owners, solution architects and other subject matter specialists
- Desire to work in a fast paced, highly integrated, agile development environment.
- Maintain safety, security and privacy standards in all areas of responsibility.
- Strong troubleshooting skills along with the ability to breakdown complex issues.
- Strong knowledge of SDLC and Quality Assurance methodologies.
What Would Be Better
- Degree with focus in Computer Science, Engineering or other related technical field
- Experience with testing REST/SOAP Web Services using Postman, SOAPUI, etc
- Experience working with cloud based microservices and continuous integration/continuous deployment pipelines
- Agile development work experience
- Experience in mobile and/or telematics/Web services/big data testing
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.