Solution Architect (Full Time / Part-Time)
The Services Solution Architect within the Global Domain organization is responsible for selling and delivering high quality architectural solutions and business outcomes based on the Microsoft Platform. Demonstrating deep knowledge of the Domain Solutions and offerings, capable of taking a lead role across the entire lifecycle of a project – from pre-sales through design and delivery of the solution – the Services Solution Architect drives transformational results and realises business strategy for Microsoft Services.
We are currently expanding our security cleared team of individuals and would like to hear from anyone who currently or recently held UK Security Vetting and can demonstrate the key attributes to become a successful trusted advisor into the public sector space on behalf of Microsoft.
This role could be undertaken on part time basis for the right candidate and will involve some level of domestic travel to customer site on a regular basis.
Key focus areas of this role:
- Breadth of infrastructure technologies, including: AD Consolidation, with Azure AD; End User Computing, based around the Microsoft stack, including Windows 10. Ideally a specialism in one area of Cloud Identity, Security or Desktop with broad range of understanding in other areas mentioned.
- Planning – you will define the project approach, deliverables and team model needed to deliver the desired outcomes/business benefit.
- Delivery – you will provide leadership and technical assurance to ensure the solution implemented will perform as specified & deliver the expected benefits.
- Presales – you will translate customer business challenges into Microsoft solutions and work as integral part of the account team.
- Customer facing and relationship skills – as a senior member of the delivery team, you will be a primary point of solution and technical liaison with the customer team and senior stakeholders, offering governance, quality outcomes and virtual team leadership.
- It’s your chance to:
– Become immersed in a global organization that offers plenty of opportunities to grow
– Enjoy access to refreshingly innovative technology
– Have the entire Microsoft network at your fingertips
– Be alongside your clients, whilst building strong connections with internal teams too
– Collaborate with colleagues & peers across a worldwide organization
– Benefit from the mobile technology you need to work flexibly
Who are you?
Ideally, you will have a breath of Microsoft solution experience, from Hybrid Cloud to Cloud Platforms, Management and Virtualisation technologies, Windows Client & Mobility transformations and Security & Identity consulting. You will have led infrastructure projects from conception through to sign-off in large public and private sector organisations. This includes requirements gathering, definition of functional and non-functional specification, creation of the solution architecture, detailed design, migration design, test plan, solution development/build-out and piloting.
If you can bring…
- Demonstrable years professional development from the IT consulting, technology and solutions arena
- Educational degree in technology and/or business administration.
- Proven record of delivering business value from IT investment to various organizations (public, financial, retail etc.) while balancing strategic thinking with pragmatic operational delivery.
- Executive presence and business acumen to win the hearts and minds of key stakeholders and business leaders. Become their trusted advisor.
- Competitive understanding of Cloud, Business Analytics, Devices & Mobility, Platform and Productivity offerings and experience with the implementation/adoption of key solutions.
- Ability to mix deep technical expertise with simple, everyday language to deliver a story that is memorable and useful.
- 10 years UK Residency/UK Security Vetting.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Please apply via the ‘Apply‘ button.
To apply for this job please visit microsoft.redirect.your-jobresponse.com.