Job ID: ******
Company: : ********** Services, Inc.
Company/Location (search) : Country (Full Name): : United States
********** is known as one of the most innovative companies in the world and constantly enters new business domains with new offerings. Have you ever wondered about how such a diverse and dynamic company identifies best practices in system designs, recommends improvements, and applies learnings from one business to another? How about from one domain to another (e.g., from digital content acquisition to consumer shopping experience)?
Amazon’s Internal Benchmarking team is looking for a Senior Solution Architect to help do exactly that plus more, to be based in Seattle, WA.
Internal Benchmarking is a Service that inspects, measures, and drives improvements to Amazon’s global businesses. The Solution Architect works as a member of a benchmarking study team, partnering with Program Managers and business leaders. Such a dynamically-formed study team deep-dives into a complex process area across systems to recommend improvements and promote best practices across worldwide businesses. The Solution Architect surveys the system landscape that supports business processes, determines how data is collected and processed, identifies functional gaps, and works with the study team to develop recommendations, while continuously learning new systems and tools to help design new studies.
Key Job Responsibilities
– For a given benchmark study, evaluate architectural models and perform/drive in-depth analysis of systems, data flows processes, and KPIs/metrics about the current state.
– Develop understanding of business processes, data flows, strategy, and long term thinking to come up with an end-state architecture.
– Articulate the findings and supporting data with tech/non-tech Executive leaders.
– Develop technology metrics and/or business data that will provide diagnostic view of current state and drive future state changes.
– Look ahead and learn the new domains to proactively scope system and technology landscape and prepare for the next business/technical challenge.
– Conceptualize and develop automation tools for benchmarking data collection and analytics.
– Learn and be curious about the constantly changing Amazon businesses and the competitive environment to help design new studies.
– CS or Engineering degree with 7+ years of experience in information technology, with 4+ years as Technical Project Manager, Solutions Architect, or Software Development Engineer/Manager.
– Experience with developing, modeling, and documenting Application Architecture.
– Hands-on experience of services oriented architecture, system scalability and reliability, enterprise application integration, and operational support issues.
– Knowledge with analytics and BI tools.
– Solid communication and writing skills for audiences ranging from tech SMEs to VPs.
– A strong intellectual curiosity to continually challenge what exists and explore what should be changed to best meet evolving business and market.
– Ability to travel up to 10-15%, including international travel.
– Experience in application domains such as digital media creation or distribution (e.g., Video, Alexa), consumer engagement systems (e.g., marketing, advertising), and eCommerce applications.
– Experience with AWS analytics technologies (Redshift, ML tools) or other industry equivalents – learning experience is good; pilot/production knowledge preferred.
– Hands-on experience with enterprise architecture modeling and methodologies (e.g., TOGAF, ATAM).
– Familiarity with process improvement methodologies (e.g., DAMIC).
– Self-starter with flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations.
– Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment when working in stressful situations.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.