The Solution Architect is an integral member of the Enterprise Architecture (EA) team that translates business strategy into extraordinarily architected IT solution design of one or more applications or services to realize maximum business value, derived from enterprise IT investment, in a way that strikes the right balance between IT efficiency and business innovation! Bridges the gap between business capability and a technology solution by crafting, planning, coordinating, and leading all activities related to the development and implementation of solution architecture that combines guidance from different enterprise architecture viewpoints (business, information and technical), in accordance with an enterprise-wide IT strategy.
- Provide thought leadership, technical specialty and mentorship in the analysis, development, testing and implementation of large-scale applications and enterprise integration to project teams throughout the project lifecycle.
- Lead the practice of crafting, describing, and managing solution engineering in relation to specific targeted business outcomes, by providing an overall technical vision for a particular solution.
- Perform analysis of the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement. Find the best technology solution among all possible to achieve targeted outcomes.
- Develop and promote reference architectures for application solutions and integration of those solutions.
- Define and drive features, phases and solution requirements that realize strategic value with maximum reliability & availability, performance & scalability, security & compliance, manageability, data quality and integration aspects of application design and implementation.
- Collaborate with infrastructure, project, and product teams to ensure consistency with enterprise architecture, as well as to identify when it is important to modify enterprise architecture.
- Work with fellow architects to define an annualized portfolio of IT transformation projects to address both long-term domain evolution strategies and near-term critical business needs.
- Develop expert-level knowledge of Hilton Grand Vacations proprietary business applications and plan strategic architectural roadmaps to ensure ongoing support of evolving business objectives.
- Support fellow architects and solution teams on in-flight projects with consultative guidance regarding application development/customization and integration methodologies.
- Participate in assessing innovative and existing technologies, using rapid prototyping approaches to evaluate innovations and ensure new products and services can integrate into steady stand operations.
- Guide and educate colleagues about ground-breaking technologies and trends.
We offer an excellent benefit package to our full-time Team Members that include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan, Paid Time Off (PTO) program and extraordinary travel benefits!
What are we looking for?
5+ years working with information, solution or technical architecture, application development, middleware, information analysis, database management or operations in a multi-tier environment
Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, computer engineering, system analysis or a related field; Or, an additional 4 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree
Familiarity with information management practices, system development management, IT services management, infrastructure and operations, and EA and ITIL frameworks
Knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS)
General understanding of data architectures and DBMS technologies
Comprehensive understanding of enterprise application integration (EAI), including SOA, API, open data patterns and middleware technologies
Exposure and understanding of existing, new, and emerging technologies, and processing environments
Ability to balance the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term implications of individual decisions
Ability to translate business needs into technical capabilities within a comprehensive overall solution.
Ability to operate independently with minimal guidance, handling numerous analysis and design priorities without losing sight of strategic context
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.