What you’ll be doing.
As a Solution Architect, you’ll lead and coordinate the development of complex solutions across the Verizon Wide Area Networking platform. As a subject matter expert in Verizon networking solutions, you’ll provide consultancy and design support for Verizon’s indirect channel sales teams.
At Verizon, we do much more than sell technology. We deliver technology solutions that enhance the agility, productivity and global reach of businesses. Ingenious solutions that connect people the world over. Pioneering solutions that transform the way communities live, work and play. We lead. Others follow. We run to a crisis. No-one can match our capability to design, build and operate securely integrated global networks, cutting-edge information systems and mobile technologies. We use our expertise to create powerful answers to today’s business issues. We’re inspired to solve the toughest challenges. We relish the chance to shape tomorrow’s biggest ideas. It’s an exciting time to join us. Are you ready to enhance a best in class enterprise sales team that thrives on teamwork and collaboration? Can you see yourself delivering technology and solutions in everything from the cloud and security to mobility and M2M? Do you want to change the way the world works? Welcome to Verizon – a company you can be proud to sell for.
Ours is a powerful and growing business. Verizon has revenues of $120.6 billion. And a workforce in more than 150 countries. We’re a leader in transforming enterprises, including 97% of the Fortune 1000. From intelligent networking to connected machines and smarter security, we help clients leverage technology to deliver better business outcomes and performance. We’re also a business that invests in its people. Each year Verizon spends more than $275 million on employee training, development and tuition. This enabled us to hone the skills of all our people, and earned us a spot in Training magazine’s ‘Hall of Fame’. So as you contribute to our business, we’ll make sure you grow. You’ll be:
– Understanding customer business challenges, goals, and environment.
– Designing the right package of solutions and services to meet the customer need.
– Writing proposals and supporting the contracting processensuring that all technical needs along with legal and compliance needs are all satisfied.
– Incorporating internal and third party suppliers as appropriate to meet the customer need.
– Ensuring the feasibility of the proposed solution with the delivery and product teams.
– Building and communicating the value proposition with client executives and key stakeholders.
What we’re looking for.
You’ll need to have:
– Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
– Four or more years of relevant work experience.
– Experience with pre sales within technology.
Even better if you have:
– A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering.
– TOGAF v9 certified.
– Relevant technology certifications: Cisco, Microsoft, Avaya, Siemens, Polycom, Riverbed, Juniper, VMWare, Oracle.
– Data and IP Services (MPLS, VoIP, VPN, IP, PBX).
– Managed Security Solutions.
– Highly developed interpersonal and client facing presentation skills
– Experience supporting indirect channel sales teams.
When you join Verizon.
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.