Western Union is changing. Yes, we’re the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we’re on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved – billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today’s global consumers and businesses. So if you’re looking for a company on the move – and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet – then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking a Solutions Specialist, End User Computing Solutions Engineering based at Western Union’s Global Headquarters in Englewood, Colorado.
In this role, you will be a part of a team responsible for building and managing systems that support the Western Union end user environment while meeting performance, compliance, and security requirements. This team provides third-level escalation support, partners with the Operational Excellence team, and is tasked with forward-thinking innovation and continuous improvement.
Sound interesting? Here’s what you’ll be doing:
– You will consult with Run teams and stakeholders to identify hardware, software or system specifications
– Build systems based on user and system specifications
– Assist in designing, developing, testing and implementing technical solutions for end-user infrastructure systems
– Execute test plans and proofs-of-concept, document result and integrate into final design
– Provide third-level support for end-user technologies on workstations, mobile devices, servers and peripherals
– Recommend technology and process enhancements to improve service delivery
What you will need to succeed:
– Bachelor’s degree related to computer science preferred or equivalent experience (i.e. Computer Science, IT, etc.);
– Experience working with and supporting one or more of the following: Windows 7/8/10, Windows Server, MacOS, VDI, application packaging and deployment, patching, image build and maintenance, Active Directory, Group Policy.
– Experience with one or more of the following tools: Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, JAMFPro, Powershell, WSUS, SCCM or Tanium
– Curiosity and ability to quickly learn new concepts and technologies
– Strong troubleshooting skills
– Proven customer support experience and understanding of business processes
What will make you stand out:
– At least 2 years of progressive experience or equivalent required
– Strong technical background and experience with a variety of tools, operating systems, and platforms.
– Experience leading a project, team members, vendor partners and/or an initiative preferred
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference. on a global stage. Sound like you? !
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or other protected category.
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: US*3280_14215
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
We are a leader in global payment services. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far away, to NGOs in the most remote communities on Earth, Western Union helps people and businesses move money – to help grow economies and realize a better world. In 2015, we moved over $150 billion dollars for our consumer and business clients. We continue to innovate, developing new ways to send money through digital, mobile, and retail channels, with an array of convenient pay-out options to meet business and consumer needs. Contact Info
– Englewood, CO 80151
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.