Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a Splunk Systems Engineer. This position is in support of the Air Force Personnel Operation Activity contract at Randolph AFB which operates multiple virtual environments (Infrastructure as a Service) in an AWS GovCloud infrastructure.
The Systems Engineer selected for this position will build and integrate and maintain all Splunk connectivity across all Virtual Data Center (VDC) systems through the Amazon Web Services (AWS) and investigate and analyze all activities related to infrastructure incidents within the network environment in coordination with AFPOA Cyber Security Division, System Administrators and other System Engineers under a tiered response structure. Selected Systems Engineer will assist in determining scope, urgency, and potential impact and track infrastructure incidents from initial detection through final resolution. Additionally, the System Engineer will work with Splunk to build and maintain log aggregation and incident reporting dashboards from systems data collected across the environment.
This is a remote position. The qualified candidate must live in the Universal City, TX area and be able to report to the site periodically as needed by the customer.
- Selected Splunk Systems Engineer will collaborate with Amazon Web Services (AWS) for use of AWS native services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage (S3) and Amazon Simple DB/RDS databases, AWS Identity and Access Management IAM.
- Develop, update and sustain Splunk environment to all backend support and front end displays to include dashboards and alerting supporting the AFPOA Security Operations Center.
- Maintain Heavy Forwarder, Indexer, and Search Head for 3 environments (Public Facing, PROD IL4, and TDE IL4)
- Solve complex technical issues related to Splunk connectivity to environment and log ingestion from over 500 virtual AWS servers
- Work with team members to deliver DevOps processes and automation and O&S capability.
- Learn existing system capabilities and work to support the design of the new capabilities and enhancements (to include Cloud Migration and Analytics design and development).
- Sets up administrator and service accounts and troubleshoot creates/updates and maintains system documentation, interacts with users and evaluates vendor products, deep understanding of monitoring AWS instances and services.
- Experience working with administrator and service accounts and troubleshoot Creates/updates and Maintains system documentation, interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Assist in the delivery ATO’s documentation for IL4 environment, work with IA team to define, document and implement Security Controls.
- Provide VDC weekly status reports to Contractor Program Manager and government representatives
- Coordinate the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination
- Participate in the development of system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents
- Report findings to management with recommendations for resolution.
– Bachelor’s Degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience OR 12+ year’s experience in lieu of degree.
– Experience planning, building, integrating and maintaining Windows and Unix/Linux systems
– 2 years experience with AWS
– 2 years experience managing Splunk servers and building Splunk dashboards and alerting in a distributed environment
– Clearance: Active U.S. Secret Clearance required at time of hire.
– Must have Security + (minimum DoD 8570 series IAT Level II Certification) before hire date.
– Splunk Certification (Admin/Power User/or Architect)
– AWS Certification (Associate or greater)
– Scripting Experience: Python/Perl/Bash/Puppet/Chef
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.