SQL DBA: 18-02378
Ref No.: 18-02378
Location: Mountain View, California
Akraya is looking for a
SQL DBA for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call
Badgujar at ************.
If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit ********** and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
SQL DBA, administering SQL Server, AWS
: Mountain View CA
Duration: 12+ months
The Role: Database Engineering Team in client’s Small Business Group is looking for a contract DBA to help us in building a flexible architecture for deploying high throughput SaaS applications.
Our team is responsible for reliability and uptime of client’s core payroll product. It’s the foundation of client’s 2 billion a year and growing Small Business Ecosystem.
We are currently building out software infrastructure for automating the configuration and deployment of applications on client hosted data centers, as well as AWS.
As a contract DBA, you will:
– Build solutions to database centric problems that interrupt availability, performance, and stability in our systems, services and products at scale
– Perform a
wide variety of technical and administrative duties such as consultation, recommendation and provide solutions in overall systems design, development, and delivery
– Manage the establishment and configuration of SaaS infrastructure in an agile way by storing infrastructure as code and employing automated configuration management tools with a goal to be able to re-provision environments at any point in time
– Develop and implement instrumentation for monitoring the health and availability of database services including fault detection, alerting, triage, and recovery (automated and manual)
– Collaborate with PD and DevOps team to migrate Microsoft SQL Server DB instances to AWS
Perform SQL Server database upgrades, patching as recommended by the vendor to keep the system performant and free from vulnerabilities
– Develop, improve, and thoroughly document operational best practices and procedures.
– Drive operational cost reductions through service optimizations and demand-based auto scaling
– Work closely with the Product Development (PD) team and be the DevOps voice to ensure scalability & performance becomes part of the app architecture
– Perform day-to-day support activities to support RTB (Run The Business) process that involve performing database updates and other activities to keep the customers and application impact to minimum
– Be on-call on a rotational basis to support production issues during US business hours
Technical and non-technical expertise:
7+ years of experience with MS SQL Sever
– Proficient in
administering SQL Server 2014 and above
– Solid understanding
of SQL Server database programming,
performance tuning and optimization techniques
Proficient in AWS technologies and architecture is a plus
– Experience with
Veridata and SentryOne tools is a plus
– Solid documentation skills, writing skill and communication skills.
– Team player who has worked
with cross functional teams to collaborate, analyze business problem, recommend solutions and lead them to closure
Please apply with your updated resume or call Dipak @ ************
Akraya, Inc. is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the Best Staffing Firms to Temp for by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit ********** to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.