Agile Scrum Master
We are seeking and exceptional individual with at least 10+ years’ experience to lead a high performing Agile team in Scaled agile transformation. As a true Agile Scrum Master, you will Lead by example, exhibit managing the team and being authoritative & biased.
You will be Guardian of agile ways of working & enabler for high performing team. The key focus of this role will be to inspire, influence and guide the team in best practices of agile development methodology like Scrum /Kanban/Lean/TDD/BDD and other technical agility practices. Ensures that the team’s work is aligned with the Program’s agreed design principles, engineering practices, governance, and quality standards.
Location: Tampa, Florida (Hybrid)
You must be legally authorized to work in the USA without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Showcase, manage and enhance your team coach competencies to build a performing team and train the team in Scrum, Built-in-Quality, Kanban, SAFe and ensure that the agreed Agile processes/practices are followed.
· Empowered to Create and maintains physiological safety and team trust & live by Lean Agile Values
· Facilitate various Scrum activities & represent team in all ART level events for alignment.
· Coaching team on agile mindset, ways of working and culture on continuous improvement.
· Acting as servant leader to Remove roadblocks reported by the team, which could require cross-team collaboration or working with different leads.
· Train, guide, and mentor the teams on agile practices consistent with team standards and helping them achieve their commitments and objectives day to day, sprint-to-sprint.
· Improving the agile culture by coaching via gamifications, Kaizen, Agile maturity assessments and measuring – help team to improve in velocity and Sprint success and strive for continuous improvement.
· Establish strong working relationships with other teams across the organization to identify dependencies and align priorities and deliverables.
· A clear mechanism or tool to report up status, risks, and impediments – create and measure teams according to metrics established by the team. Create dashboards and maintain metrics at team level as per standards defined by LACE.
· Anticipate challenges, identify risks and recommend mitigations and solutions. Own and drive those solutions.
· Facilitating team’s backlog creation, running scrum events including inception workshops, User Story mapping workshops, Prioritization techniques, estimations etc. (must have) awareness on test & release automation practices etc. so that they can guide & bring in right people to provide solutions.
· Work with product owners and stakeholders to ensure they are well engaged with the team and part of the regular feedback loop.
· Overall 10+ experience as a Scrum Master
· Must have recent work experience of 5+ years as a scrum master in a Lab, biotech or pharma company managing development and/or IT projects.
· Well versed in running agile team ceremonies/events
· Business Acumen, specifically experience in diagnostics space and has high level technical understanding (needed to be effective with the team)
· Leading Agile teams in distributed agile environment (onshore – offshore model)
· Certified Scrum Master and Certified SAFe Scrum Master
· 5+ years of relevant experience and Proficiency with Agile tools and methodology
· Extensive experience in creating the dashboards and generating Agile metrics for the team.
· Experience in Rally and Jira
Why Choose Cognizant?
It takes a lot to succeed in today’s fast-paced market, and Cognizant Technology Solutions has become a leader in the industry. We love big ideas and even bigger dreams! We stand out because we put human experiences at the core. Our associates enjoy robust benefits and training opportunities from our industry-recognized, award-winning Academy team. You will have access to hundreds of technical trainings to keep your skillsets fresh and have opportunities to acquire certifications on the newest technologies.
Everything we do at Cognizant we do with passion—for our clients (fortune 100 companies), our communities, and our organization. It’s the defining attribute that we look for in our people.
If you love ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we’d love to hear from you!
About Cognizant Digital Engineering
Well-designed software transcends digital technology, going beyond the fulfillment of basic requirements to focus instead on human needs. Within Cognizant Digital Engineering, we help clients develop software products that transform human insights into tangible, production-ready digital solutions. We also work with our clients to scale their native cloud applications. Using insights from the lived experiences of our consumers, we seamlessly replace traditional service strategies with engaging, precise, and direct digital applications. Designing phenomenal software is vital to success in the digital economy—and we understand that a human-centric approach is key to this design.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Nov 15 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.