application developer sr – financial management / Anaplan
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
This position contributes to Starbucks’ success by delivering and supporting Finance technology initiatives, and is primarily responsible for building, enhancing, and supporting enterprise-scale products spanning across Financial Planning and Financial Reporting.
We are looking for a pragmatic application developer with the deep technical expertise, domain knowledge, and platform knowledge that is required for this role. Typical activities include research, analysis, design, development, testing, implementation/deployment, and documentation — adhering to and evolving our standards and procedures throughout the entire life cycle of complex projects.
In this role, you will deliver new technology, enhance/support existing applications, contribute relevant technical, functional, and process expertise, and coach and mentor colleagues. If you are driven by innovation, solving technical challenges, developing great working relationships in amazing, industry-leading work, join us!
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Technical Design and Implementation
- Develops software solutions to business problems utilizing the Anaplan business planning solution. Develop solutions leveraging MS Azure, Databricks and Oracle Hyperion.
- Leverages established design patterns and development standards. Builds solutions that are secure, durable, scalable, flexible, and accessible and proactively mitigate against production support issues.
- Collaborates in planning, decomposing, estimating, scheduling, prioritization and resource allocation exercises. Mitigates risk with prototypes for complex problems as appropriate. Build incrementally, with an eye toward vision of the final product. Provides transparency in approach and progress, throughout the process.
- Participates in the solution design process: requirements gathering and backlog refinement, shapes and guides systems approach, helps with project initiation, contributes to functional design, and leads technical design and development.
- Automates test coverage per platform capabilities and requirements. Establishes and maintains continuous build and integration testing on applicable platforms and assists with manual system and integration testing efforts.
- Key contributor and driver in the deployment approach, including planning and execution, data conversion approach, script development and execution, warranty period and transition of the solution to the platform’s operational context.
- Operates in both waterfall and Agile Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) processes and methodologies.
- Proactively participates in helping shape candidate solutions on Finance Technology platforms such as Anaplan. This consultative part of the role explores the business capability portfolio to guide and direct solution options to ensure health of the platform.
- Plays a creative role in Platform Stewardship. Contributes to the vision, roadmap, and platform investments needed to take our business solutions to the next level. Identifies, influences, sells and prioritizes innovative platform opportunities, as well as technical debt, with regular reviews, creating programs and solutions to raise the level of the platform offering or remediate systemic operational problems.
- Partners with cross functional teams, such as Infrastructure, Security, Architecture, QA and key Development teams, to strengthen and elevate the platform from a technology perspective. Successfully drives designs and solutions through enterprise processes and governance to ensure compliant, secure and supportable solutions.
- Deepens vendor relationships to understand and influence vendor product offerings and roadmaps, improves support engagement and gains insight into technology trends.
- Provides project leadership; initiates, organizes and champions small to medium delivery efforts within a shared code base.
- Oversees delivery of other developers within the platform such as guiding deliverables.
- Keeps projects on course by coordinating activities, monitoring project schedules and costs.
- Represents the Development team when engaged with cross functional teams, including Product Management, Project Management, Engineering, Architecture, Infrastructure and the Finance business customers.
- Negotiates, facilitates, and influences others to gain alignment and mutually agreeable outcomes in complex and ambiguous situations. Socializes technical approach and design to project team and corresponding dependent teams.
- Takes on leadership opportunities within the Development team. Initiates and facilitates team meetings to socialize technical ideas, encourages a culture of technical excellence among peers, and identifies good opportunities for adopting innovation.
- Coaches and mentors other application developers learning new skills and technologies.
- Exhibits leadership courage with respectful, articulate positions to influence critical technology solutions.
Business Capability Portfolio
- Consults in the IT planning process by providing application and platform expertise for new business capabilities under consideration.
- Tracks and communicates planned and in-flight business capability efforts, contributes and influences approach, scoping exercises and resource estimation.
- For a small to medium area of the business capability portfolio, rationalizes, designs and oversees solution changes in the sustainment process.
Production Support for Application and Platform Components
- Fulfills responsibilities for on call support, including potential coverage of pager rotation.
- Collaboratively and effectively diagnoses, troubleshoots and remediates incidents and problems to support the end user community. Initiates and leads root cause analysis efforts to identify and implement solutions to operational issues.
- Creates, maintains and reports operational Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on items such as performance, service incidents and tickets set forth by the organization leadership. Identifies systemic problems that need holistic solutions and feedback into platform roadmap exercises.
- Creates and maintains documentation supporting training, system administration, deployment, and operational processes and procedures.
- 8 years of professional industry experience with software development in Finance Systems
- Highly proficient with Anaplan and Financial Planning implementations in complex multi-national corporate environments. – MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Technology or Related Field
- Anaplan Certification
- Oracle Hyperion EPM Platforms
- Cloud computing platforms (e.g. Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform).
- Development and support of ETL tools and reporting platforms (such as Oracle/SAP/IBM/Microsoft BI Suite, Incorta, OAC, Azure Databricks, Alteryx, Tableau etc.)
- Modern data platforms including data lakes and data warehouse, with strong knowledge of the underlying architecture
- Enterprise software solutions including ERP (e.g. Oracle EBS, SAP, etc.)
- Cloud Applications Development, Restful APIs. iPaaS applications like Mule Soft or Apache NiFi.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.