Sr. API Developer
Work on projects for one of the largest financial institutions in US.
Work in a challenging technical environment and gain exposure of advanced tools and technology suites
Should be able to work independently and manage the work on your own.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Looking for an API Developer who has
• At least 6+ of Java/J2EE development, hands-on troubleshooting and deployment experience. (Mandatory)
• Hands on experience working with cutting edge technologies such as Spring Boot, Microservices.
• Design, maintain and implementation of API, microservices and backend components
• Work with API developers across the team to build new features at large scale
• Improve API standards and services
• Development and unit testing of Java RESTful services that integrates with external client systems
• Working Knowledge and hands on experience in DEVOPs tools like Jenkins, uDeploy and GIT
• Has Knowledge on APIGEE
• Review Design Documents and provide feedback on approach and estimates
• Creates technical designs for new systems, and/or modifications to existing systems.
• Translates detailed requirements into functional system designs.
• Ability to prioritize work and meet deadline and also establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, project team members, supervisors, and employees from other departments.
• Work closely with internal and external design, business, and technical counterparts
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work closely with diverse personality types and understand technical issues.
• Research and recommend functional libraries to expedite development
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• At least 6+ years overall experience Java/J2EE development with REST API, Spring Boot, Angular, XML, JSON, Swagger
• 6+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
• 3+ years of GitHub, Jenkins and CI/CD server
• Experience using Agile methodologies for developing application
Competencies Years of experience Proficiency level
REST API, Spring Boot, XML, JSON, UML, Jenkins, Swagger
GitHub, Jenkins and CI/CD server
OPTIONAL: Education requirements
Minimum Education Required: Choose an item.
OPTIONAL: Desired qualifications/non-essential skills required
Competencies Years of experience Proficiency level
Written & Verbal Communication
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- RESTful (Rest-APIs)
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.