Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 45,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
At Gallagher, you can build a career whether it’s with our brokerage division, our benefits and HR consulting division, or our corporate team.
We are in the midst of standing up an enterprise Digital Development organization and as part of that, we have a newly created Sr Applications Backend Developer role open. In this position, you will be responsible for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of custom applications for Gallagher’s customers and internal users. You’ll research emerging technologies, conduct proof-of-concept and make recommendations while collaborating with team members and project stakeholders to develop custom applications.
Ideally you have a passion for staying current with industry trends, technologies and best practices in front-end development and are the type of person who gets a thrill from creating solutions that are disruptive in nature. It’s critical that you have a firm understanding of the importance of information security and ensure that our data is protected in accordance with IT policy and organizational priorities.
This position can be entirely virtual/remote/work from home and the individual can sit anywhere in the US.
- Gather and analyze requirements, design, develop, test, and, maintain various custom applications on the Sitecore and .NET platforms.
- Independently develop and maintain applications for internal and external user base
- Write custom code and integrate third party components and tools to extend solutions for the business
- Work collaboratively with Agile team members and project stakeholders to execute development plans effectively
- Troubleshoot issues, develop solutions, and maintain plans for applications and servers
- Maintain proper documentation of requirements, processes, and designs
- Aid in providing ongoing analysis and monitoring of applications and environments
- Comply with AJG IT Policies and Procedures and Professional Standards
- Apply knowledge of best practices, current and emerging technologies, methodologies, and techniques to application development, e.g. MVC, MVVM, SOLID, DDD, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, SOA, WCF, Web API, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5 years .NET development experience
- Understanding of UX/UI design principles to contribute to the overall user experience
- Strong experience with software development principles and best practices (good coding skills)
- Experience with application architecture and design in Cloud environments (Azure, AWS, Google)
- Good knowledge of the SDLC and/or CI/CD (processes and best procedures) and developing applications in CI/CD environments
- Good understanding of the unique design patterns applicable to different application archetypes—RIA (Rich Internet Application), Rich Client Application (RCA), Web application, Service Application, mobile application and techniques for propagating functionality residing in (transactional) Back-end systems in a loosely coupled way to users in Front-ends and ensuring back-end to back-end integrations enable simplified User Journeys -> true automation.
- Solid understanding of RESTful API’s and the ability to communicate effectively with back-end developers to ensure seamless integration. Familiarity with GraphQL and its’ implementation in front-end applications
- Strong experience with Microservice design and development alongside containerization
- Experience with Shell Scripting (PowerShell, etc.)
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., GIT) and code collaboration tools
- Experience in Agile Scrum software development methodology
- Strong experience with browser debugging tools
- Experience developing Web Services, API, Class libraries, Windows Service and Console applications
- Experience with Azure App Services’ serverless compute (Web Apps, API Apps, Logic Apps, and Azure Functions)
- Strong experience with SQL Server development
- Knowledge of accessibility and security compliance, data migration, and transformation.
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, collaborative, attention to detail and proven ability to follow through
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to work on multiple projects and priorities concurrently with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and proven relationship building skills
Click Here to review our U.S. Eligibility Requirements
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function), training programs, matching gift program, and more.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.