Technical Lead – .NET (Onsite)
About Cognizant’s Digital Engineering Practice:
At Cognizant Digital Engineering, a small cross functional team comprised of a Product Manager, an Architect, Full-Stack Developers, UI/UX designers and Big Data analysts builds higher quality software faster siloed individuals working independently. Small, nimble engineering teams generate collective empathy and comradery, thus increasing their ability to anticipate unforeseen development scope changes and maintain high quality deliverables. Across our US Studio system or within client development sites, our Digital Engineering teams ideate and develop innovative cloud-based solutions following a Lean-Agile process with DevOps culture. Working in Cognizant Digital Engineering provides DevOps engineers consistent opportunities to push digital boundaries while growing their exposure to transformational technologies.
Cognizant is looking for an experienced and innovative Technical Lead (.NET) experience to serve our diverse base of global clients. As a member of our team, you will build cutting edge, cloud-based software that powers modern business. An ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working in a diverse, collaborative, geographically distributed team. Similarly, the ideal candidate is an expert engineer who values the “team”, drives continuous improvement and is unafraid to challenge the legacy status quo with creative cloud-based solutions.
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Design the technical architecture to address business requirements, including the design of system configurations (hardware, software, and messaging, as appropriate), solving complex problems in realms where solutions may not currently exist, necessitating new solutions / ways of working / technologies and proactively articulating these to the business
· Develops relationships across the business to understand requirements, applies deep technical knowledge of product or capability to solve business problems and works closely with development teams to oversee implementation
· Provides innovative and practical designs for the design and integration of new and existing systems, applying advanced technical capabilities
· Provides technical expertise to maximize value from new and existing IT products and solutions and may lead on tool evaluation efforts including the definition of evaluation criteria, tool identification and the actual evaluation
· Guides others in resolving complex issues in technical architecture and solves complex, escalated aspects of a project and contributes to project management activities, such as providing estimates for tasks
· Works across multidisciplinary teams and with the business to deliver simple and easy to use systems that meet user needs and gains stakeholder buy-in
· Provides coaching and support to development teams during blueprinting and implementation phases
· Reviews and develops due diligence to confirm the developed solution complies with architectural design
· Contributes to development standards to promote optimization and consistency (including code modularization and reuse)
· Master’s/Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, IT, Mathematics, or related field preferred
· More than 15 years applied experience
· Experience of ""owning"" the design of a major/large component of an application or software architecture
· Possesses deep knowledge on technical architecture spanning across all aspects of each system and how it can be applied in a business context
· Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24×7 production software systems
· Deep understanding of software engineering best practices
· Strong understanding of distributed systems and web services technology
· Understanding of agile project management methodologies
· Working knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design
· Working knowledge of REST and RPC service patterns and other client/server interaction models
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, with demonstrated results in delivering excellent technical designs
· Experience managing vendors and service providers in order to meet business and company goals.
Benefits: Cognizant offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements:
Paid holidays plus Paid Time Off
401(k) plan and contributions
Paid Parental Leave
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Must Have Skills
- .Net Core
- .Net Programming-C# .Net
Good To Have Skills
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Sep 08 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.