We are powering an automation and self service driven customer journey for AWS customers leveraging a range of Analytics tools to generate business shaping insights.
About AWS: For more than 11 years, Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) has been the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 100 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the world – including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies – to power their infrastructure.
About the Analytics Team: The Analytics team is a small, central group in the AWS Support organization. The team comprises members from a range of skill-sets such as strategy & planning, Machine Learning / predictive analytics and Business Intelligence. The Analytics team is responsible for pushing our Product, Process and Customer understanding and insight beyond the here and now to create value for the long-term. The team is responsible for coming up with hypotheses, uncovering key insights and developing a point of view on actions across the portfolio of our products and services.
About the Role: If you love driving critical thinking and insight into challenging, unstructured problems and working with leaders in the organization to bring those insights into action, this role is for you. This is a hands-on role, however, being a part of a small team gives opportunity to take ownership of the customer / business problem across the spectrum from ideation to setting it up for implementation in partnership with stakeholder teams.
Analytics topics include, but not limited to:
1. Product / Value Proposition design
2. Customer / Go-to-market
3. Customer Experience
4. Business Planning & Forecasting
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key job responsibilities
• Develop, launch, and scale self-service analytics and insights offerings
5+ years of relevant professional experience in business intelligence, analytics, statistics, data engineering, data science or related field.
– Experience with Data modeling, SQL, ETL, Data Warehousing and Data Lakes.
– Strong experience with engineering and operations best practices (version control, data quality/testing, monitoring, etc.)
– Expert-level SQL.
– Proficiency with one or more general purpose programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, Scala, etc.)
– Knowledge of AWS products such as Redshift, Quicksight
– Excellent verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including ability to succinctly summarize key findings and effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
– 10+ years of professional or military experience
– 5+ years of SQL experience
– Experience programming to extract, transform and clean large (multi-TB) data sets
– Experience with theory and practice of design of experiments and statistical analysis of results
– Experience with AWS technologies
– Experience in scripting for automation (e.g. Python) and advanced SQL skills.
– Experience with theory and practice of information retrieval, data science, machine learning and data mining
– Experience working directly with business stakeholders to translate between data and business needs
– Experience managing, analyzing and communicating results to senior leadership
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $104,300/year in our lowest geographic market up to $202,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.