The Sr Technical Application Specialist, under limited supervision, provides advanced system support for the applications used by supported departments. This includes, but is not limited to, gathering business requirements, design and maintenance of business applications, application configuration, systems testing, and end-user production support. The Sr Technical Application Specialist will provide both technical and functional support to the business and should have a solid understanding of the business processes and how they relate to the supported business applications. Technical skills are required to understand the table structures, provide adequate issue resolution, and develop complicated reports. This employee has heavy contact with other company departments as well as outside vendors
– Plan, organize and direct the implementation and/or development of supported applications in accordance with strategic business plans and industry standards on multiple large projects.
– Analyze business and user needs, document requirements, and implement or revise new or existing systems as necessary.
– Devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time, and form of desired results.
– Assist with the creation, documentation, and execution of test scripts for supported systems and research and implement solutions to issues identified during testing.
– Responsible for analyzing and resolving functional and technical problems of supported applications
– Monitor scheduled application interfaces and provide issue resolution
– Provide production and ad-hoc reporting and interface solutions to complex query needs of the business using a variety of reporting tools.
– Interface with software vendors and suppliers in support of business applications.
– Coordinate with program development teams on software interfaces used by supported business applications.
– Provide direction to and mentor entry-level specialists.
– Communicate with management and business partners on business systems and project status.
– Work closely with internal business units to facilitate project completion.
– Provide After-hours support as assigned
OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES
– Maintain system and functional awareness and competence.
– Assist Quality Assurance and business partners during the testing phases of projects as needed.
– Perform Unit Testing on Maintenance Items and Production Break Fixes.
– Assist with systems implementations and the evaluation of the results.
– Serve as contact to relationships outside of the Company as appropriate.
– Perform special projects and other related duties as assigned/required.
Reports to: Technical Applications Manager, AVP Corporate Business Systems, AVP Commercial Lending Systems or VP ITS Software Solutions
Direct Reports: None
– Thorough working knowledge of information systems and operations.
– Advanced functional knowledge of the work processes of supported departments.
– Working knowledge of project management methodology.
– Strong knowledge of relational database structures, models, and diagrams.
– Competent in the use of Microsoft Office software.
– Strong functional and moderate technical skills in supported business applications, preferably Oracle E-Business Suite modules, Wholesale Management System, Dealer Access System, CreditQuest Suite, SAP Business Objects, Markview, KRONOS, ADP, and others.
– Ability to write medium to complex SQL queries.
– Ability to analyze PL/SQL packages is a plus.
– Ability and willingness to achieve organizational and individual goals by seizing opportunities and learning from experience.
– Ability to analyze work, set goals, develop plans of action, and utilize time effectively.
– Ability to build consensus, use active listening skills, and work harmoniously with others in getting a job done while promoting a culture of teamwork, excellence, and integrity.
– Good communication skills displaying timely and accurate information sharing with active listening skills.
– Good time management skills and a demonstrated understanding of expected delivery dates and the tasks necessary to achieve objectives.
– Ability to provide prompt, high-quality customer service to members, staff, vendors, and internal/external customers.
– Ability to help team members and customers embrace processes, procedures, methodologies, and solutions.
– Ability to embrace change and participate in exploring opportunities to improve.
– Ability to proactively create the company’s future by challenging the status quo and daring to innovate.
– Ability to thoroughly research issues in a timely manner, identify and suggest solutions, and proactively implement corrective steps.
– Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions; the ability to base decisions on fact rather than emotion.
– Bachelor’s or advanced degree in computer studies or related business area preferred; high school degree with equivalent experience.
– Minimum of 6 years’ experience in the above proficiencies.
– Experience with integrating various applications preferred.
Normal office environment, with stresses of deadlines and dealing with business partners, other departments, and outside vendors. Some travel to company and vendor sites is required.
on Company Website
Job ID: 2018-31981
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
GM Financial is the captive finance company and the wholly owned subsidiary of General Motors, and is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas. The company is a global provider of auto finance solutions, with operations in the U.S., Canada, China, Europe and Latin America. Through our long-standing relationships with auto dealers, we offer attractive retail loan and lease programs to meet the needs of each customer. We also offer commercial lending products to dealers to help them finance and grow their businesses. GM Financial’s success is largely dependent on building strong, lasting relationships with our dealers and the consumer customers that we serve. This is why we are committed to providing best-in-class customer service, while promoting open, honest communication at all levels. Contact Info
– Arlington, TX
– GM Financial
View Company Profile
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
More Jobs at GM Financial
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.