Job Title: Senior Software Engineer (Bilingual)
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Software Engineer to join the Proactive Availability Services (PAS) team to support our product, sales, global services, and leadership teams with integrating and upgrading clients on the platform. The ideal candidate will have excellent client facing communication, software installation, software testing and software problem determination skills.
- Work with up to 3-5 clients simultaneously to implement the PAS software stack in the clients environment.
- Test new releases of the PAS stack.
- Investigate and drive to root cause any issue found in the PAS lab or in the client’s environment.
- Install new hardware and software on PAS for Proof of Concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant experience
- Bilingual – English/Spanish; able to speak English and Spanish fluently.
- 5-8 years of experience in the following areas:
- Familiarity with Java – Ability to read Java code and understand what is happening.
- Familiarity with Software as a Service and cloud applications.
- Familiarity with network security fundamentals, example: SSL key encryption, SOCKS and Proxy functionality, etc.
- Proficient with soft skills – Ability to talk to a customer, written communication skills, etc.
- Familiarity with REST API
- Proficient in more than one scripting language – Specifically Windows (batch and Powershell) and Linux shell scripting.
- Proficient in hardware assembly installation
- Basic Windows administration experience
- Basic Linux administration experience
- Proficient at problem determination and troubleshooting.
- Proficient with Java development
- Experience with Microsoft Azure environment and Azure Storage Explorer
- Familiar with Python
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion-dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe’s Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ’s, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world’s installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our ‘Together Commerce’ vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let’s get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email email@example.com to request an accommodation.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION:
We at Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions firmly believe that our people are an integral part to the success of our customers. Furthermore, we’re committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for all our people as highlighted by our 5 Core Principles (Create Outreach, Foster Belonging, Unleash Opportunity, Diverse Cultural Engagement and Culture of Transparency). We’re passionate about our customers the retail industry and becoming a more responsible company as we help create a brighter future.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.