Sr Data Analyst at DISNEYSkip Navigation
Find job opportunities in other countries japen-menu Back English Franais Deutsch Espaol Portugus
Choose a Language
Help tell our stories in the most innovative ways!
Country/RegionSelect Country/RegionUnited StatesCanadaMexicoBahamasPuerto RicoChinaHong Kong SARIndonesiaJapanSingaporeMalaysiaThailandVietnamPhillipinesIrelandSpainItalySwedenSwitzerlandBelgiumCzech RepublicDenmarkFinlandGreeceHungaryLuxemburgNetherlandsNew ZealandNorwayPolandPortugalTurkeyGermanyAustriaFranceArgentinaBrazilColombiaChileUnited Arab EmiratesIsraelAustraliaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomIndia
State/ProvinceSelect State/Province Select State/ProvinceCaliforniaFloridaNew YorkEnglandIslands DistrictConnecticutWashingtonTexasBritish ColumbiaHawaiiIllinoisNorth CarolinaNew JerseyOntarioPennsylvaniaSouth CarolinaArizonaMaharashtraDistrict of ColumbiaGeorgiaMadridBuenos AiresOhioAlbertaVictoriaTennesseeJakarta Special Capital RegionNew South WalesVirginiaScotlandMarylandMinnesotaNevadaMassachusettsBangkokChibaBavariaMissouriMichiganColoradoManitobaSelangorNorthern IrelandLombardySao PauloMexico CityOklahomaBarcelonetaSan JuanIndianaNew HampshireUtahOregonKentuckyNational Capital RegionKarnatakaLisbon DistrictBalearic IslandsAndalusiaValenciaWalesStockholmPortoNorth HollandCataloniaSantiago MetropolitanKansasLouisianaNebraskaNew MexicoCapital RegionLeinsterIle-De-FranceIle-De-FranceProvincia de Buenos AiresDistrito FederalSao PauloTokyo
CitySelect City Select CityBurbankOrlandoNew YorkLake Buena VistaLantau IslandGlendaleLondonBristolAnaheimSan FranciscoCelebrationSeattleVancouverKapoleiLos AngelesChicagoDurhamHilton HeadMumbaiHoustonSan AntonioFresnoJakartaKissimmeeEdmontonSydney CBDRichmondTucsonLas VegasTorontoBangkokChibaManchesterMunchenTampaVero BeachKennesawCharlottePhiladelphiaSpringfieldMcAllenWoodbridgeDanburyEmeryvilleSanta RosaHonoluluWinnipegPetaling JayaMelbourneWest ThurrockPerthMilton KeynesLeedsCambridgeBirminghamMilanMexico CityFort MyersMiamiAlpharettaBransonMonroeBarcelonetaSan JuanSeviervilleFort WorthGrapevineMcLeanAuroraRosemontBurlingtonWrenthamTroyBloomingtonMerrimackEdisonParamusWayneGarden CityNiagara FallsRiverheadNorth OlmstedCarlsbadCommerceGilroyLakewoodMontebelloSan DiegoSan JoseBroomfieldBellevueSurreyVaughanBridgewaterBengaluruManilaMakati CityValenciaPalmaCopenhagenWatfordSouthamptonSheffieldReadingNewcastle upon TyneMiddlesbroughLutterworthLondonderryLiverpoolLeicesterGlasgowDudleyDerbyDartfordCardiffBromleyBristolBelfastAberdeenStockholmSenhora da HoraHoofddorpDublinMarne-la-Valle Cedex 4BarcelonaSantiagoBrandonClearwaterDestinDoralJacksonvilleLutzPembroke PinesAtlantaBufordDawsonvilleIndianapolisOverland ParkLexingtonLouisvilleMetairieClarksburgColumbiaHanoverNottinghamConcordMorrisvilleRaleighCherry HillJacksonCincinnatiColumbusOklahoma CityTulsaMyrtle BeachColumbiaKnoxvilleMemphisNashvilleCypressDallasFriscoLaredoMercedesSan MarcosTexas CityThe WoodlandsFarmingtonChicago RidgeGurneeSchaumburgMishawakaSouthfieldBristolMinnetonkaLincolnElizabethSecaucusCentral ValleyHicksvilleLake GroveSyracuseWest NyackToledoLancasterLanghorneLimerickPittsburghWhitehallChandlerGilbertGlendalePhoenixScottsdaleTempeArcadiaBreaCabazonCamarilloCerritosConcordCosta MesaCulver CityDaly CityEl CajonEl CentroFairfieldLivermoreMission ViejoModestoMontclairNational CityNorthridgeOntarioRiversideRosevilleSacramentoSalinasSan BernardinoSanta AnaSanta ClaraTemeculaThousand OaksTorranceValenciaVenturaWest CovinaLone TreeAlbuquerqueCanutilloEl PasoHappy ValleyWoodburnOremSalt Lake CityTukwilaBarrieBurnabyCalgaryHamiltonKelownaLondonMississaugaOttawaRocky ViewScarboroughMarne-la-Valle Cedex 4ParisParisSan IsidroTokyo
Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr Data Analyst
Later Job ID ******BR Location New York, New York, United States Business BAMTECH Media Date posted Aug. 21, 2018
Job Summary: BAMTECH Media is a place for the creative and the bold. We’re seeking talent across disciplines to join our team. Whether New York City, San Francisco, Manchester or Amsterdam we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.
BAMTECH software engineers develop premium digital media products for Major League Baseball and our partners. The products we build, such as ******, ******, HBO NOW and PlayStation Vue are paving the way for the next-generation media and sport technologies.
BAMTECH engineering is headquartered in the Chelsea area of New York, NY with an office in the SoMo area of San Francisco, CA and team members based around the world.
If you are interested in joining BAMTECH in the pursuit of not only crafting new media products but enjoying the products you build, we are interested in hearing from you.
At BAMTECH data is central to measuring all aspects of the business, and critical to its operations and growth. The data engineering team is responsible for collecting, analyzing and distributing data using public cloud and open source technologies and offers transparency into customer behavior and business performance.
– Work closely with, and advocate for, product owners for obtaining metrics that drive the growth of business.
– Partner with other analysts to understand the problems they face, and turn these problems into technical solutions.
– Directly answer business questions by analyzing data in various environments such as cloud-hosted databases, spreadsheets, and data notebooks
– Grow and manage a team of 5-8 data analysts through effective delegation and mentoring
– Develop a data sourcing strategy for data that is not readily available and influence upstream data providers to commit to delivering product needs
– Translate business and product analytics requirements into technical specifications and create precise and accurate stories and acceptance criteria to be used by analysts, engineers and report authors
– Produce clear and concise data workflow documents specifying new and existing data flows
– Look for data anomalies and recommend data validation requirements to increase data quality
– 5-8 years of experience using SQL against large relational data warehouses to derive complex metrics and key performance indicators
– 2+ years of experience designing entity-relationship diagrams and building database systems
– Experience with SQL tools like Aqua Data Studio or Data Grip
– Strong visualization skills and experience providing data dashboards in Tableau
– Excellent verbal and written communicator and able to convey requirements to both technical and non-technical audiences
– Strong partnering and problem-solving skills and ability to work within a collaborative environment
– Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
– Able to work independently and support several projects simultaneously
– Experience in digital marketing and A/B testing
– Experience with AWS hosted data environments and products like Redshift and RDS
– Familiarity with Python and data analysis tools and ecosystem like Jupyter and Pandas
– Experience in big data environments using tools like Hadoop, Hive and Spark
– Experience with JIRA and Confluence
About BAMTECH Media:
BAMTECH is a streaming technology joint venture between The Walt Disney Company, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH handles streaming for numerous partners, some of which include, HBO, MLB, NHL, Eurosport, ESPN, and World Wrestling Entertainment.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or HD Ready stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition. About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with BAMTECH, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call BAMTECH Media.
BAMTECH, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
– French Language Translator, NHL Video New York, New York 09/25/2018
– Senior Financial Analyst New York, New York 09/22/2018
– Media Delivery Specialist (Part-Time) New York, New York 09/20/2018
Susan O’Day, CTO Enterprise
– Jobs By Location
– Jobs By Category
– Jobs By Group
– Jobs By Business Area
– Site Map
– Interest-Based Ads
– About Disney
2017 Disney. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.