Job Details (*Employee Referral Program applies to this job)
Multiple undetermined worksites throughout the U.S
Sr. Database Administrator
Duties for this position will generally include the following:
* Under limited supervision, support and manage large databases
through multiple product lifecycle environments.
* Responsible for development to production stages. Apply data
modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation
efforts meet expectations. Perform shell scripting and support
databases using partitioning and HA/DR.
* Set up new database environments. Configure and maintain database
servers and processes to ensure high performance levels,
availability and security. Monitor system health and performance.
* Develop and implement technical innovations to improve reliability
and performance. Refine and automate regular processes, track
issues, document changes and monitor database portfolio.
* Perform installs, upgrades, backup, recovery and disaster
recovery, including tape backup and storage mirroring.
Troubleshoot end to end performance-related issues.
* Implement proactive database monitoring and alerts to maintain
database integrity and performance. Mentor/assist lower level team
* Accomplish above tasks utilizing the following tools: AIX, Unix,
Linux, Windows, DB2 LUW,Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 DPF, LUW
(utilities), HADR,TSM, Optim Performance Manager Tool, Erwin,
Toad, Power Designer, Perl/Shell Scripting, and related tools.
* Job Opening is through company headquarters in Farmington Hills,
Education:Master degree in Information Systems, Computer
Science/Engineering/Applications, or in a related field of study (will
accept equivalent foreign degree)
Two (2) years of experience as a Database Administrator, Database
Architect, or in a related occupation.
Experience must include work with DB2 LUW, DB2 DPF, HADR and Shell
Scripting; must be willing to relocate.
Send Resume And Written Inquiries To :
Raj Dechen, Dechen Consulting Group,37185 Fox Chase, Farmington Hills,
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.