Sr. Database Developer
CGI is seeking a senior Strong DB developer with some Tableau and ETL(Informatica) experience. The developer will rely on their growing technical skills and experience to design, estimate, present and deliver technical solutions with clean, well-organized and expressive code to CGI's customer base. The developer will be working with our client to understand their business needs and help deliver value though technology. The candidate should we very articulate about the technologies that come into play and capable of providing direction on this space.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Design, develop and implement database systems based on customer requirements.
• Optimize database systems for performance efficiency.
• Prepare design specifications and functional documentations for assigned database projects.
• Perform space management and capacity planning for database systems.
• Develop database tables and dictionaries.
• Ensure data quality and integrity in databases.
• Identify any issues related to database performance and provide corrective measures.
• Create complex functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development.
• Participate in database design and architecture to support application development projects.
• Perform data back-up and archival on regular basis.
• Test databases and perform bug fixes.
• Troubleshoot database related issues in a timely fashion.
• Develop security procedures to protect databases from unauthorized usage.
• Evaluate existing database and recommend improvements for performance efficiency.
• Develop best practices for database design and development activities.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• At least 6+ years of overall experience as an Informatica ETL Developer (Mandatory)
• At least 6+ years of overall experience as an Informatica Database Developer
• 3+ years' experience Reporting tools such as Tableau (Mandatory).
• Hands on experience in Oracle and SQL Database development
• 6+ years as database developer with strong SQL (stored procedures, functions, views, triggers), performance optimization, data modeling (OLTP / OLAP)
• 2-3 years implementing data migrations, data analytics platform hydration, or custom data pipelines
• Navigating Unix/Linux commands
• Agile (Kanban / Scrum) Experience
• ETL platform experience a plus
• SQL Server, T-SQL, query optimization tools and techniques, data modelling techniques, and relational database design
• Good understanding of the features available in SQL Server to achieve a scalable database solution
• Experience building Data Warehouses, DataMarts
• Various database development technologies, such as SQL Server, SQL Replication, Azure SQL Database, ETL tools, and OLTP/OLAP features
• Understanding of data modeling, data lakes, data driven insight, data quality and governance
• Experience in hands on design, prototyping, development, configurations, testing and other implementation activities
• Strong technical background, analytical, and problem-solving skills are required
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and capable of delivering under aggressive timelines
• Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Looking for self-motivated candidates who are hands on at their current positions and have hunger to learn new technologies
• Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Capable of incident resolution during major incident process
• Good time management and prioritization skills; self-starters especially welcome
Competencies Years of experience Proficiency level
OPTIONAL: Education requirements
If 'other': Bachelors Degree
OPTIONAL: Desired qualifications/non-essential skills required
Competencies Years of experience Proficiency level
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- SQL Server
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.