At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® – create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
Do you want to help save the planet? Do you want to directly contribute to an organization committed to reduce its customer carbon footprint by 1 Gigaton of Carbon Dioxide? As a world leader in creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments, it’s our responsibility to put the planet first. For us at Trane Technologies, sustainability is not just how we do business—it is our business. Sustainability is at the center of our strategy and influences how we make every decision.
Our Thermo King business is connecting our transport HVAC and refrigeration products and providing digital solutions to help our customers efficiently protect drivers, passengers, and cargo. Using our connected solutions, our customers reduce fuel consumption, carbon emissions, and downtime while increasing the comfort and safety of passengers and shelf life of cargo, including essential cargo like food and pharmaceuticals.
We are hiring an experienced Database Developer, who will be responsible for analyzing and developing database solutions for Thermo King’s connected products. In this role, you will be responsible for database design, development, and administration for web applications and mobile applications. You will collaborate with the IoT Architect and other developers to develop those solutions. You will also ensure that the database solution is reliable, secure, and fast to provide a great customer experience.
- Analyze solution requirements, feature requests, and defects to determine the best database design to deliver reliable, secure, and performant customer solutions
- Design, develop, test, and deploy new products and features based on Microsoft SQL technologies
- Provide access to data needed for customer queries, internal analysis, and analytics
- Develop and maintain data analytics to support ongoing administration and management of database and applications
- Manage database workloads and volumes to optimize cost, availability, and performance
- Bachelor’s degree in management of information systems, computer science, engineering or relevant field
- 7+ years working as a database developer
- 3+ years of experience developing and administering SQL Server databases, AWS relational databases, and/or time-series databases
- Experience as a database developer, ideally for connected products (Internet of Things or IoT solutions)
- Experience with database schema design
- Experience with Microsoft’s T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- Familiarity with AWS DevOps capabilities preferred
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Strong communication abilities, both written and verbal
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.