Does an exciting, dynamic, fast paced and pressure-filled environment catch your attention? Do you like puzzles and determining solutions that are not obvious? Terrific! Consider joining us. The Apple News team is looking for a hardworking Sr. DevOps Engineer with a background in large scale backend engineering support. You will enjoy using technology to automate solutions and optimize outcomes focusing on data engineering, continuous integration and continuous deployment in a fast-changing world of software delivery. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish.
- Demonstrate proficiency in writing build and deployment automations
- Know how in maintaining and debugging systems in Java runtime environment
- Have a good grasp of Linux systems, networking and security
- Have a thorough understanding of cloud based architectures
- Experience managing source in git (GitHub ops, branching, merging, etc) a big plus
- Experience in cluster management/orchestration software like Mesos, Aurora or Ansible is a big plus
- Experience in CI build tools such as Gradle and Jenkins a plus
- Experience implementing and administering logging, telemetry and monitoring tools like Splunk is a plus
- Experience with tools such as Docker and Docker based deployments is a plus
- Experience with Big Data / Data Science infrastructure (Hadoop, Spark, etc) is a plus
Apple’s News team is seeking a high-energy Sr. DevOps Engineer. As a member of our dynamic group, you’ll have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day. Responsibilities: – Support and optimize our Java runtime environment build, delivery, and deployment pipeline – Communicate and/or address build, deployment and operational issues as they come up – Implement facilities to monitor all aspects of our pipeline – Automate build, deployment, and quality processes – Interact with, and support, a variety of different teams (engineering, quality, management, SRE, etc)
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or related field and 4+ years of relevant work experience
To apply for this job please visit jobs.apple.com.