Sr. Freight Planner/Project Manager
Sr. Freight Planner/Project Manager
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Sr. Freight Planner/Project Manager we’ll count on you to:
* Plan, direct and monitor all aspects of large multidiscipline transportation planning and environmental compliance projects
* Prepare, plan and analyze compliance documents
* Establish client relations and be involved with marketing, contractual, design and production meetings
* Direct work of others in completion of required studies, documents and reports
* Demonstrate extensive public participation, agency coordination, planning and programming experience
* Participate in design development and contract document work sessions in conjunction with appropriate technical professionals and other disciplines
* Coordinate staffing and workload through entire project development to complete documents on schedule
* Perform other duties as needed
* Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Engineering or a related field
* 10 years of relevant transit planning experience
* Possess excellent analytical and communication skills
* Understanding of transit planning principles
* Positive attitude and ability to work independently or as part of a team
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and personnel
* Solid business development skills; demonstrated ability to relate well to clients; and demonstrated presentation skills
* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity.
USA: We are a Federal Contractor, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law.
CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
At HDR, health and safety matters.
For some positions, you may be required to provide drug and alcohol testing, before or during employment, based on our Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy.
If you are required to drive for us, we require a valid driver’s license and compliance with our vehicle policy.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.