We are looking for a highly motivated and talented individual with experience working on open source as well as commercial software systems. In this role you will be creating and new products and services using NFV and SDN technology. Also enhancing systems and services to run on next generation platforms. As a key member of the team you will be contributing to multiple projects taking them through all phases of the life cycle from concept and design phase to testing and implementation.
– Ability to adapt and change in a quest to get better every day.
– Champion projects by owning all aspects of the solution from concept to implementation.
– Effectively estimate level of effort, costs, and tasks needed for projects.
– Ability to effectively manage and deliver solutions for multiple projects.
– Able to positively influence others driving projects to successful completion.
– Use best practices related to coding in multiple applications using a variety of technologies.
– Provide feedback on business process to support applications and services.
– Collaborate with peer organizations and operations team members making projects successful for all involved.
– Aptitude to manage capacity providing input to management on forecasting capital and reducing expenses
– Minimum 5 years’ experience in Architecture, Design, and Deployment of multi-tier applications.
– Minimum 5 years’ experience with Linux administration
– Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Database administration
– Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Software development.
– DevOps mentality and experience with automation technologies such as Ansible, Puppet, Maven, and Git.
– Desire experience with Python, Perl, and Java.
– API development experience with technologies such as SOAP, REST/JSON, and orchestration tools.
– Experience with DNS.
– Experience with LDAP, Radius, Tacacs, SSO, SAML, and Multifactor authentication.
– Experience with Databases such as MySQL, InfluxDB, Druid, Sybase and NoSQL DBs (Cassandra, MongoDB).
– Experience with Big Data applications such as Hadoop, Kafka, NiFi, Scoop, and Spark.
– Virtualization and cloud technologies such as VMware, KVM, Openstack, and AWS.
– Familiarity with Microservices, dynamic management, and container technologies (such as Docker, Kubernettes, and Rancher).
– Participation in the Open Source community is a plus.
– Knowledgeable of telecommunications and Service provider industry
– Familiar with Agile, Scrum, and Jira.
– Proficient in data center networking, BGP routing, and IPv4/6
– Fortinet, Cisco, A10, Citrix, network device management experience
– SNMP, IPFIX (Netflow), and SLA monitoring of the network
– PCI audit and compliance experience
– Self-starter with can do attitude
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
– Strong oral and written communication skills
– Excellent interpersonal skills
College degree in a Technical or related field and 8 years professional level experience with 3-4 years supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or 12 years professional level related Technical experience with 3-4 years supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Technical experience desired.
Job Category: Engineering
Locations: 1440 M St |US|Nebraska|Lincoln |US|Pennsylvania|Ephrata |US|Arkansas|Little Rock |US|New York|Rochester |US|North Carolina|Concord |US|South Carolina|Greenville
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to: race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.
on Company Website
Job ID: ********
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Windstream, a Fortune 500 company, is a leading nationwide provider of advanced network communications. We offer a range of enterprise-class data, voice, network and cloud services to help keep your business in a perpetual state of winning. Our smart solutions and personalized service are designed to help businesses overcome obstacles and achieve their business goals. At Windstream, we take the time to understand your pain points, the challenges your business faces and the goals of your leadership team in order to provide valuable technical advice and customized whiteboard solutions that position your company for success. Contact Info
– Greenville, SC
View Company Profile
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.