Live the experience. From professional empowerment to continual learning opportunities. From ongoing investment in new and emerging technologies to a career of self-determination. At Ulta Beauty, our tech team is critical to our scalability—and is recognized that way. We’ve been defined as a “mature start-up.” A place where interdepartmental exposure, open doors, and genuine collaboration is ubiquitous. Where challenges come fast and furious, requiring agility, mental dexterity, and creativity. Where our passion for better solutions drives us and is core to who we are.
We’re engineering for the future of retail, and it’s no-holds-barred. But for those motivated by continual change and ambiguity, by superior leadership, by whip smart colleagues who will press you daily for your very best, you’ll find that virtually nothing’s impossible at Ulta Beauty.
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
As the Senior IT Engineer – Network, you will be primarily responsible for configuring, managing, implementing and supporting the LAN, WAN, and WLAN networks for UTLA’s corporate, distribution, and retail store business. You will also develop technology standards and procedures, collaborate on architectural direction, and assist senior level engineers with designing solutions that meet the needs of a rapidly evolving business!
- Project Management: You will define, document and complete small projects. You will use a collaborative approach with stakeholders, prepare realistic plans (including quality, risk and communications plans) and document activities against the project schedule, liaising with stakeholders as appropriate.
- Systems Integration: You will design and build integration components and interfaces, lead practical integration work under the technical direction of the system /service designer, and contribute to the overall design of the service and assesses the technical criteria for product or component selection.
- Business Process Improvement: You will analyze business processes, identify alternative solutions, document feasibility, and recommend new approaches. You will evaluate the factors which must be addressed in the change program and help establish requirements for the implementation of changes in the business process.
- Capacity Planning: You will develop and maintain standards and procedures for service component capacity management, pro-actively reviewing information in conjunction with service level agreements to identify any capacity issues and specify any required changes.
- Customer Service Support: You will liaise as the routine contact point, receiving and handling requests for support, and contribute to creation of support documentation.
YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH THESE GOALS BY:
- Creating technical documentation, implementing, and supporting ULTA’s enterprise network and voice environments.
- Designing and deploying company LANs, WANs and WLANs including routers, switches, firewalls, and other network related hardware
- Working closely with the business and IT to develop high performing, efficient, cost effective, and operationally supportable solutions that meet the business’ complex requirements.
- Ensuring operations of enterprise-level network hardware and data communications systems by minimizing system downtime and maximizing system performance.
- Working to identify opportunities for network performance and functionality improvement within the environment.
- Working closely with peer ULTA IT, security, operations and business teams to deliver infrastructure services to support Enterprise applications (e.g. SAP, JDA, HANA, Manhattan) throughout the company.
- Interfacing with internal/external customers and vendors to determine system and application requirements.
- Collaborating with other members of the Engineering organization to create and maintain standards and operating procedures, and provide information as appropriate to manager, project manager, and various departments within the Company.
- Assisting in the development and implementation efforts to bring automation into the environment.
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience, Master’s Degree a plus.
- 7 + years of network engineering experience in large enterprise environments.
- Working knowledge Program and Project Management skills.
- Working knowledge of Lean and continuous improvement a plus.
- Estimating, planning, tracking, resource, cost, issue, risk, scope and change request management, and decision tracking a plus.
- Involvement in enterprise level IT projects and programs.
- Passion for driving changes and making an impact.
- Exceptional influencing, leadership and collaboration skills with demonstrated excellence in building relationships with internal Business and IT leadership.
- Results driven leader that owns the project portfolio, has managerial courage and organizational agility.
- Program management experience to identify, prioritize, manage, and track projects aligned with business objectives a plus.
COLORADO PAY RANGE
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty’s own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring—hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.