As a Java Architect in our Banking & Financial Services, you will be responsible for engineering, architecting, and delivering world-class solutions for our customers, producing enterprise standard implementations using the platform's full capabilities, and leading delivery teams to deliver high-quality solutions on Salesforce.com.
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100:CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, redefining clients' business, operating, and technology models for the digital era. Our outstanding, industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build, and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies globally. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Supports the installation, configuration, and maintenance of application frameworks. Participates in the design, configuration, problem diagnosis, maintenance, and installation of application systems and/or user group profiles. Validates system functionality after changes. Participates in testing and installing new software releases and application system upgrades. Analyzes, monitors, and fine-tunes the application system to achieve optimum performance levels. Works with internal infrastructure teams and vendors to resolve issues with hardware and software. Maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation to ensure data integrity. Participates in application system problem resolution by working with application developers, vendors, and internal infrastructure team members to troubleshoot. Is involved in determining the strategic direction of systems; resolves protocols, tools, languages, and databases to be used; and understands how all data, applications, and hardware function and interact.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated ability in software application implementations
- Extensive experience with databases (SQL, post gres, Elasticsearch etc)
- Experience working with Camunda is preferred
- Experience administering cloud based environments
- Experience in automation using tools such as Jenkins, Git, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Extensive experience with system software infrastructure, distribution and installation/support including DevOps
- Extensive knowledge of IT environments and system management
- Working knowledge of IT service, change and problem management
- Working knowledge of application delivery including release management
- Strong problem-solving skills with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work cooperatively and professionally with co-workers, customers and management
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Nov 15 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.